The Skate Date

(Clark and Lois were at the ice rink, skating)

Lois: "Who knew the farm boy could skate so well?!"

Clark: "Not as well as you, Lois."

Lois: "Obviously."

(She did an elegant twirl)

Lois: "So what brought this on? I didn't think you liked going on public dates like this."

Clark: "Let's just say I wanted to change things up a bit. To show you how much you mean to me."

Lois: "Wow Smallville, if I didn't know better I'd say you were starting to fall for me."

(She grinned teasingly but then Clark  tripped and fell, she helped him up laughing with him)

Lois: "Well that's not really what I meant."

Clark: "I guess I had a hard time keeping my balance because you make me so weak in the knees."

(Lois laughed)

Lois: "You keep this up I might just take you home with me, mister."

Clark: "I might be up for that..if you weren't already living in my house."

Lois: "So tell me..that little trip you had..was that just a deliberate attempt at making yourself look bad so none of these people would suspect the truth about Clark Kent?"

Clark: "The truth about Clark Kent is that he's a terrible skater. No ability of mine could change that."

Lois: "In that case..maybe he could use a hand?"

(She offered her hand which he took)

(They smiled as they continued skating, holding hands)

(Alicia watched them from the benches, growing extremely jealous)