Fixing Things

(Over the next few weeks things were very awkward between Clark and Lois, Jonathan and Martha had explained to Lois that Clark was infected with red Kryptonite which makes him behave differently but that didn't really help fix anything, he had proposed and was planning to propose without the red Kryptonite, that was the main thing that kept things weird between them, during this time Jonathan had been campaigning to be the next Kansas State Senator going up against Lex)

(Lois was hired by Jonathan to be his campaign manager which kept her busy and was a nice distraction for her, but Clark was not doing so well, mostly just sulking trying to figure out how to fix his relationship but he knew he messed up badly...and so..he turned to Jor El)

(Fortress of Solitude)

Jor El: "What troubles you, my son?"

Clark: "I need your help. I have to go back in time to fix things with Lois. I never should have considered proposing and I'll keep away from Alicia and red Kryptonite."

Jor El: "Kal El, I have already given you a second chance with Miss Lane when I allowed her to keep her memories from the last time I reversed time to clean up your messes. Do not expect me to do so a second time."

Clark: "Please..I can't go on like this. My life was going great before I messed it up!"

Jor El: "Who is to say that going back in time would not mess things up for you more? I am sorry, my son. A great trial awaits you. I only hope you will be ready to deal with it when the time comes. And it will be soon. Very soon."

(Clark made his way back home and decided that he and Lois needed to talk, it was the only way forward, he super sped to the Talon)

(Clark entered the upstairs apartment where Lois was bustling around working on the campaign)

Clark: "Lois.."

Lois: "No time to milk the cows today, farm boy. I've got flyers to print."

Clark: "Lois I really think we should talk."

Lois: "We are talking but I don't have time to chit chat any longer. If you want your dad to get elected you're gonna have to scootch on outta here."

Clark: "I'm sorry I proposed to you."

(That halted Lois in her tracks)

Clark: "It was..stupid. Obviously I hadn't planned on doing it in Vegas and acting like a jerk..but it was still my idea and..I'm sorry I ruined this."

Lois: "Clark..you didn't do anything wrong. You were just a bit ahead of me on some things. Can I honestly say that I haven't imagined walking down the aisle with a hunky hot Clark Kent on my arm? Because I have. It freaks me out but when I'm with you..I..I feel like I don't need to be scared anymore. Of anything. Because as long as you're there for me..I'll always feel safe."

(Clark walked up to her, gazing into her eyes as she gazed back in his)

Clark: "Lois, what are you saying?"

Lois: "I'm saying...I love you, Clark Kent."

(They kissed tenderly)

Clark: "I love you too, Lois Lane."

Lois: "..well now that we've got that out of the way could you give a girl a hand and help me with the rest of these campaign tasks?"

Clark: "I'd be honored, Miss Lane."

(They shared a nice smile and got to work)