Revelation

(Clark stepped into the Torch at Smallville High, Chloe looked up as he entered)

Clark: "Hi."

(Chloe ran up to him and hugged him)

Chloe: "I'm so sorry, Clark."

Clark: "I appreciate that, Chloe. I owe you an apology though..those things I said.."

Chloe: "I know it wasn't you. Lois filled in the blanks for me. But I want you to know that your powers, your origin..none of it matters to me right now. I just want to be here for you."

Clark: "I'm glad to hear that because I could use your help with something."

(He showed her a charred piece of metal)

Clark: "I found this in the wreckage from the barn. I don't recognize this material so I have a suspicion.."

Chloe: "That it had something to do with the explosion. Got it."

(Chloe analyzed it and did some searching on her computer, she paused when she found out something)

Clark: "What is it?"

Chloe: "Clark, this piece of metal is primarily used as..a bomb making material."

(Clark's expression darkened, realizing that his hunch about the explosion was correct)

Clark: "Someone did kill my father."

Chloe: "But who? Who would have a problem with your dad? Especially minutes after he was elected senator?"

(A new thought entered Clark's mind, a thought that both angered and terrified him to his very core)

(Without another word he sped out of the room)

Chloe: "Clark? ..guess I'll have to get used to that.."

(Clark barged into the Luthor Mansion)

Lex: "Ah just the man I wanted to see."

(Clark grabbed Lex and held him up)

Clark: "Was it you, Lex? Don't even think about lying. I'll know."

Lex: "I think this is the part where I ask Clark what are you talking about?"

Clark: "Did you set up the explosion? Did you murder my father?!"

(Lex's expression shifted, he looked at Clark with a blank and empty look, like he was nothing to him)

Lex: "Well done, Clark. You figured it out."

(Clark threw Lex across the room, he landed on the floor)

Clark: "WHY?!!!"

Lex: "This campaign..being senator was the first thing I'd ever earned for myself. My dad didn't hand this to me. I made sacrifices, I deserved this!"

Clark: "You deserve to die, Lex. How could you do this to me? You were supposed to be my friend."

Lex: "Friend?! Friends don't lie to each other's faces on a daily basis! You just thought a convenient memory wipe would make things go back to normal did you? Dumb old Lex won't remember that Clark Kent is an alien with super powers just because he gets amnesia on a weekly basis."

Clark: "..what did you say?"

Lex: "You really thought that I could learn your secret several times over the past few years and expect convenient amnesia to wipe it out each time? No..that information..never went anywhere. It took me a long time..but those experiments at Summerholt finally repaired my memories...all of them. I remember everything Clark. And now..I can finally be your greatest enemy."

Clark: "What makes you think you'll live long enough? You murdered my father, you should die for that."

Lois: "Clark..please don't do this.."

(Clark turned to see Lois by the doorway)

Clark: "Don't..Lois. Don't defend this twisted waste of a human being!"

Lois: "I'm not defending him. What he deserves is to be put away for a long, long time. And I've got the evidence to prove it. I recorded your entire conversation. He won't get away with this."

Clark: "You're right. He won't."

(His eyes lit up)

Clark: "I can melt your skull you know..the way you melted his..only yours won't be quite so quick...it'll be slow, agonizing. You say you've got all your memories back well how about I burn them out of your head..?"

(Lois put her hand on Clark's shoulder)

Lois: "Clark..please..this isn't who you are. Your father would never want this for you."

Clark: "You don't know my father like I do!"

Lois: "You're right. But I do know that he taught you right from wrong. He couldn't bear the thought of you throwing away everything he ever taught you for the sake of revenge..and I know he loved you...more than anything else in the world."

(Clark finally broke down and let go of Lex, he hugged Lois and sobbed into her shoulder)

Lois: "It'll be okay..it'll be okay..."