A Poorly Timed Proposal

(Clark ran with Lois all the way to Vegas and entered an empty Hotel room)

Lois: "Clark what..? Where are we?"

(She opened the curtains and gasped when she saw the view of Las Vegas)

Clark: "I thought we should do something special. I'd hate if our relationship was getting too boring for you."

Lois: "Actually our relationship was going just fine until you decided to get drunk or high or both! I guess that'd be dry."

Clark: "Lois I promise my mind has never been clearer. In fact..I need to ask you a question."

Lois: "I don't want to hear it. Call me when the real Clark Kent gets back."

Clark: "Oh you're gonna want to hear this."

(He took out the ring and got down on one knee, Lois turned to face him skeptically..but then froze as she saw what he was doing)

Lois:  Wha..? Uh..?" (She found herself unable to speak so she settled on a nervous yelp)

Clark: "I have never in my life met someone as beautiful, funny, strong and sexy as you, Lois Lane..you're everything I could ever want and then some. I want to wake up every day to see your beautiful smile staring back at me..I want all of this..because I love you, Lois."

(Lois was physically incapable of moving or making a sound)

Clark: "Will you marry me?"

(Lois didn't even remember her own name let alone have any idea what to say, she was utterly paralyzed with shock and surprise)

Clark: "..you're speechless that's never a good sign. That's a no then isn't it?"

(Lois finally managed to shake her head and gather herself)

Lois: "Cl..Clark you..you've really...thrown me for a pretty massive loop here..I thought..I thought we were happy. Just going ice skating or..snuggling up on the couch..but this...this is like going from 60 to 50 million kilometers on a..flying jet ski with a horse on your back..while blindfolded!"

(Clark looked confused)

Lois: "..okay forget that part. The point is..Clark. You don't really want this. You don't want to marry me. It's way too early to even consider it. Maybe in a few years or something but..you're asking an awful lot of me. Or..maybe you're just really really high and we can just go home and forget this ever happened."

(Hearing her words brought Clark to his senses, the Red Kryptonite wore off and he began to feel the all too familiar feeling he dreaded..)

(Guilt..)