Grieving

(Lois held Clark's hand tightly as his father's casket was lowered into the grave)

(It was snowing during Jonathan Kent's funeral, everyone in Smallville who had known him was there, he had touched many lives but no one was feeling the loss quite as heavily as Clark)

(His fist shook with rage, the authorities had deemed the explosion in the barn an accident but Clark didn't buy that for a second)

(Someone murdered his father, and he would do everything in his power to find out who)

(But then he felt Lois's warmth next to him..no he thought, I can't let this change me, I have to stay strong..for her..)

(Once everyone else left the funeral, Clark stayed behind to drop some dirt on the casket, Lois remained by his side, knowing full well that Clark needed her now more than ever, she remembered what it was like when her mother died, she'd learned that you can't go through something like that alone, so she promised herself to be there for Clark as best she could)

(A few days later, Clark was busy fixing up the barn when Lois walked up to him)

Lois: "Need any help? I know I'm not a.. super powered cutie pie but..I'm here."

(Clark's expression remained serious but he wasn't trying to push her away, but it was difficult to be friendly and polite when there was so much pain in his heart)

Clark: "Thanks but I'll be fine."

(Lois looked hurt for a moment but quickly shook it off, she knew she shouldn't press too hard, she needed to give him some space)

Lois: "Okay well I'll be in the house if you need anything."

(She walked away, trying not to let her tears fall)