Chapter 20

-

Jong Suk sighs as he flops onto the couch, unzipping his coat.

You look over at him as he throws his coat  to the other side of the couch, that same feeling you felt earlier creeping it's way back up your spine.

"That went better than I expected" He says

You look away from him, taking off your hoodie and hanging it up. You honestly just wanted to know why he gave Ji Eun his number. What did her brother have that he was so infatuated with. Most importantly, why was he so close with Ji Eun during the entire party, leaving you completely alone even after admitting he loved you.

"You alright?" He asks, looking over at you

You snap out of your thoughts, blinking hard as you shook your head, pushing your hair back.
"Y-yeah I'm okay" you say with a smile

Jong Suk looks at you with a confused look as you walk into the kitchen, leaning on the counter top, facing him.

"You sure?" He asks, standing up and going over to you

You look up at him, feeling more annoyed by the second.

"Yup." You say, forcing another smile.
"So, did you enjoy the party?"

Jong Suk giggles
"Yeah, I'm glad she invited us both." He says, leaning over the counter

"I'm glad too. You two seemed to get along well." You say, trying as best you could to not let your tone slip as you looked away.

"Yeah, she's nice" he replies

You force a smile up at him.

"Well, I'm going to go take a shower and call it a night." You say, heading towards the stairs

"So soon?" He asks, looking over at you

"Yeah" you reply, suddenly halting on the step and turning around to face him
"By the way, what did you want from Ji Eun's brother?" you ask, curiosity getting the best of you

Jong Suk then giggles to himself.

"It's nothing really. I broke my printer at work and I need to figure out how to fix it before my boss finds out. Apparently her brother has the same one I do and could help me." he admits.

You nod your head before answering.

"Oh, well that's good." you say with a smile before turning around and heading upstairs.

As you make your way to the bathroom, you shut the door and place your change of clothes on the counter. You glance at your wrist and frown, the bruising seemed to be taking forever to fully heal. Looking back up at your reflection, you take your brush and brush out your hair.

"Just relax, it's nothing to be upset about. You're overreacting as usual. You could have been having just as much fun if you weren't so damn sensitive."

You place your brush down and lean on the counter, looking down as try to calm yourself.

Finally turning around and starting the shower

~ Time lapse ~

The next morning, you wake up in bed. Stretching as you sit up, you look over to see Jong Suk absent from his side of the bed.
Sighing, you stand up and go over to the full body mirror, examining your small frame.
Suddenly two small birds from the outside of the window land on the ledge, chirping away at one another and grabbing your attention.
You look outside the window at them, coming closer to get a better view. They were cute little birds.
Just then they fly away, gliding wherever the wind took them.
The day seemed to be beautiful as you looked all around outside, giving you an idea.