Chapter 23

⚠️ Warning - Some Strong Language

-

Y/n's POV-

Coming back home from work after your late shift, you slipped off your shoes and look into the living room to see Jong Suk watching TV.

"Hey" He says, turning his attention towards you.
"Did you hear about that boy this morning?"

"Unfortunately." You reply, coming over to him

"Weren't you at that park yesterday?" He asks concerned

You nod your head at him as he sighs

"Don't go out alone anymore, okay? Last thing I need is something happening to you." He says

You nod at him again before heading upstairs.

Going into the bedroom, you pull off your hoodie and set it on top of the dresser. Then, taking your hair tie off your wrist, you pull your hair into a messy bun.

"I can't believe that boys body was left in that park. Was he there while I was? No way, someone would have noticed his body way beforehand. " you thought as you leaned against the dresser

"So much for starting a better life. Now instead I have to fear for it everyday from someone who could be around any corner."

Sighing, you looked at yourself in the mirror above for a second before turning away and heading back downstairs.

~

As you and Jong Suk sat on the couch watching a movie together, you couldn't help but notice just how much he kept texting on his phone. It slightly annoyed you, you just wanted to spent time with him yet he was so immersed in his phone.

Letting it go for a while, you tried to focus on the movie and ignore him, but your annoyance just became too much.

"You're missing the movie." You say to him

"I've seen it like 10 times, don't worry" he chuckles, eyes still glued to the screen

Scoffing at his words, you stand up.

"Where are you going?" He asks, now looking up at you.

"To take a take a bath." You reply coldly.

Making your way upstairs again, you step inside the bathroom and shut the door.

"Is he really even still texting Ji Eun's brother? I mean there is nothing wrong with it if he is, but is it so hard to set your phone down and spend time with the girl you claim to love?" you thought, shaking your head as you reached down to turn on the water for your bath.

"Maybe I'm overreacting again."

Looking down at your wrist once you let go of the handle for the water, you noticed your bruise was slowly but surly beginning to fade away.

You began to rub your hand over your wrist
"Please let me be overreacting"

~

Now relaxing in your bath, you began to let go of all your stressful thoughts from today, sinking deeper into the tub.

You watched as the clouds of bubbles surrounding you crept higher and higher up your chest as you sunk lower.