Lazy Monday Morning Vol. 2

( 7 months later )

The Glade radiated pure happiness that lazy monday morning. I awoke next to Newt, who was still sleeping. The sunlight streamed through the windows, hitting the loose floorboard where Newt once stored his dagger. He was better now. Every once in awhile I would have to brave through a panic attack with him. But I'm so proud I was able to aid him in recovery, he told me so myself.

Chuck's tree house shared it's fair amount of slumber parties and silly games Chuck made up. Although I can only ever see it as the place where me and Newt shared our first kiss.

Newt and I kept our swimming hole a secret, we still go there occasionally. The days are glorious with him.

Minho and I found something good too. I think we are going to make it out soon, I smile for Newt.

Teresa is as strong as ever, I don't feel the same as I did for her back then. I love her, just not like that. She helps me through each day, I can only hope she finds someone who can treat her like I could've.

Newt's garden is thriving, which makes Frypan very happy. Newt is visibly back in second in command. The Gladers are happy he's recovering. His limp is still prominent, but it will improve I know it.

The Gladers understand our love now. I couldn't be happier. I couldn't be happier than I am now, trapped in this "hell" as Newt once said, with a glimmer of hope that we can escape. Couldn't be happier than with Newt, my porcelain boy.

a/n: if you've made it this far, thanks so much <3 i loved writing this story, and grew closer to the characters, i hope you enjoyed !!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓫𝓸𝔂 // 𝓷𝓮𝔀𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 ✿ 🎉