Chapter Twelve

A/N- My dearest readers, I know I said that I would update soon, but life was taking control of me! I sincerely apologize for the long delay. I've been very busy with school and I was having a difficult time figuring out what to write for the next few chapters. Again, I'm sorry for not updating ASAP. Anyway, let's read, shall we?
----
Ross was very suspicious. "Where are you hiding?" he whispered to himself, questioning Axel's absence. It's been only three days, yet, he was constantly being alert for any evidence. It's been three days since they last encountered Axel. And they were more than lucky to survive. Laura couldn't be more thankful to have Ross as her savior.

As cliché as it sounds, he took a bullet for her, but Ross didn't expect it. The brunette sighed happily, reminiscing the other night when she first came to visit him to chat:

"You live here alone?" Laura questioned.

"Well, for now..." Ross retorted.

Although he was "supposedly" playing with her in his content, he was serious and steadfast. She understood perfectly now. He really expected this to happen. And it had.

Laura thought deeply about the handsome, and intimidating "criminal." Should I even call him that? I mean, if he were a...well, if he was that, he would've killed me in the blink of an eye. There's no doubt I didn't trust him in the beginning, but now I do. Things change, but...that doesn't mean people do. I just really trust him now.

The brunette stood outside Ross' patio, enjoying the fresh breeze hitting her face. Laura was so lost in thought that she was startled suddenly by a pair of arms wrapping around her tiny waist. The tingling sensation was all too familiar. Thank God it was Ross. The duo stood perfectly still, then Ross asked, "What are you doing?"

Oh, nothing much; just thinking of you, as usual. Too cheesy? Yeah.

Laura sighed, enjoying Ross' company and warmth. She could feel her face slightly turn red, hoping that it's safe to say that he was the only one who's been on her mind. Every single time.

A moment of silence. But then Laura had come up with a very fearful question that held her tongue. She desperately wanted to know. "Ross..." she began anxiously. Although he didn't respond, she knew he was listening. "Do y-you...um, do you..." she stammered. Keep it together! "If you had never met m-me..." She continued, but paused. "Yeah?" Ross questioned, urging her to continue. She could tell he didn't like it already.

"W-would y-you still be killing people?" Laura finally asked. The blond's arms slowly began to release her, but he kept his hands on her small hips. He then turned her to face him in the eyes, catching Laura by surprise. Ross was furious, oh gosh...

His fervent eyes stared daggers into hers. It was very alluring, yet, intimidating. That was Ross Lynch. Ross sighed nonchalantly, but the look in his eyes were somehow confused. Laura was afraid of the answer. He could've killed her, but he chose not to; however, he faced the consequences. He placed the palm of his hands on either side of her cheeks, causing her to flinch. Why was she startled so suddenly? Didn't she trust him?

The look of hurt was plastered in his eyes, but he quickly replaced it with a stoic facade. Laura felt guilty for making him feel this way. The tears in her eyes proved it. "You know, you owe me something." said Ross, making Laura look down, bashfully. "And w-what is that?" she questioned.

"Your trust." he answered.

Laura blushed as she squirmed slightly in his touch. She dared to look up to meet his intensifying gaze, as if he were trying to read her like an open book. Laura could feel the lump in her throat as she opened her mouth to reply, but was cut off in seconds.

"Don't say it, unless you mean it." he stressed. This shouldn't be controversial at all; I mean, of course, I trust him. It's just, he's had an infamous history of committed crimes. And when I came along, he decided to stop? Why?

I guess he really does love me...

Laura inhaled deeply, then exhaled. "Yes, Ross. Of course I trust you..." She retorted as her heartbeat increased. The smirk on his face was almost too amused. Laura felt his warm breath touch her lips as he let out a soft chuckle.

Ross then brought her face closer to his; both their noses just slightly touching. The proximity was too much to bear; yet, she stood very still.

"You're afraid of me, and you dare say that?" he questioned, teasing her assertiveness. Laura sighed, "I'm not afraid of you, Ross."

Ross chuckled in return, wildly entertained. "Right. You're intimidated," he retorted. "N-no.." Ugh! Why does he do this to me?! "You stammered, Laura."

Well, thank you. I didn't notice!

"I did." chuckled Ross. Damn it! Why the hell did I say that out loud! "I'm not so sure myself, Marie." He retorted, hearing my thoughtful words. "Please, don't call me that." Laura pleaded. "Why not, Marie?" questioned Ross, amused. Laura squeezed her eyes shut, cheeks flaming. "It's too much!"

"What is?" Ross questioned, earning an exhausted sigh from the girl. "You, Ross! Everything about you is simply too much; I can't cope with it anymore! I was frightened ever since I've met you, yet, I was so damn glad I did! I don't know what the hell I'd be doing right now without you in my presence! You enthrall me, enlighten me, and you sure as hell intimidate me, but I love it so much! I love you so much!"

Ross was stunned--he couldn't move--and he was astonished. Those words. They were all hers. All for him. "After all I put you through; after everything you've endured, you still want to be with me?" questioned Ross. Laura shook her head in disbelief.

"Of course, y-you idiot!" Laura cried, her small, frail hands on his broad shoulders. "Prove it, then." Ross challenged. Laura was much obliged. She then wrapped her arms around him as he smashed his ravenous lips onto hers. Laura has lost it--her mind was somewhere far gone--lost in her own little, sordid world.

After at least seven minutes (in heaven) the duo subsequently held onto each other; never ever wanting to let go. Laura cried silently, muffling her sobs onto his leather jacket, while Ross tried to comfort her at his best. He wanted her to know that he will always be here for her.

He wanted her to know that she was his and visa versa. He wanted her to know that he was going to protect her, no matter what. "Don't worry, Laura," whispered Ross, rubbing her back in comfort. Laura's quiet sobs slowly died down from Ross' show of ease. "I never have to." she said, looking up at the blond with her warm smile.

"I'm going to put an end to Mr. Jones." whispered Ross, never letting Laura out of his tight grasp.
----
A/N- Awww! Wasn't that adorable? I think this story is getting close to an end. However, that's why I haven't been writing. I'm running out of ideas... And once again, I apologize for the slow movement in process. Please forgive me. Until next time! ✌️