Twenty-eight

Hyungwon

"Don't ever like Lee Minhyuk, he is not what you think that he is. Don't go on that date, he is a bastard." I kicked the blankets angrily and I sat up on my bed, cursing at myself for saying such a thing to her.

Who am I to tell her not to date anyone that I don't like? But it is true that Lee Minhyuk is a player, he pretends to look very innocent and sincere in front of girls that he is targeting and make them fall in love with her when he is only playing around with their feelings and would dump them after he is done playing with them and he will move on to the next target.

I am not making things up just because I have a thing against Lee Minhyuk, I have seen many girls coming up to the restaurant to look for Lee Minhyuk and he would hide whenever they come, it is such a pathetic thing to do to such innocent girls but it is really something that I dislike about him.

And now he is targeting my tenant Woo Yiwon just because she looks really beautiful and innocent, he thinks that he has a chance with her but I won't let that happen at all. Woo Yiwon doesn't deserve to be with someone like him, she is finally starting to live the life that she has wanted and Lee Minhyuk is going to ruin her life if they really go out as a couple.

I don't care if she disagrees with me on that matter but I don't want Woo Yiwon to get hurt because of a bastard like him, it is something that she didn't need to get involved with. I have already stopped the two of them from going out on a date together even though Woo Yiwon isn't really pleased that I did such a thing without her permission. She didn't talk to me during dinner and I even saw her roll her eyes at me when I walked past her room earlier, she definitely thinks that I am just being ridiculous when I am stopping her from making the greatest mistake of all time, falling for some guy that she doesn't deserve to love.

I heard a knock on the door and I immediately laid down on the bed, with the blanket over my eyes and closing my eyes in case that it was Woo Yiwon. "You are sleeping already? It is only 11 pm for goodness sake." I sat up on the bed and glared at the person who said that. "And now you are awake, I guess that I should come in another time when you are really asleep."

Yoo Kihyun walked into the room with the towel over his head and he sat down on his bed and dried his hair with the towel. "What is with you these days? You are acting a little weird."

"Aren't I weird all the time? Is this the first day that you are living with me?" I asked him and he shook his head. "Then don't ask me such a question, just dry your hair and I will be able to go to sleep."

"Chae Hyungwon, I heard that you told our beloved roommate Yiwon that she has to work an extra day after her extremely 6-day long shift, why did you do that for? Are you trying to work her to death?" He raised his voice a little at the end.

"It was just a joke, I didn't know that she would take it for real." I tried to laugh it off but the look from Kihyun didn't make me want to laugh at all and so I cleared my throat, admitting to my wrongdoings. "Fine, I did that because I was worried about her. Lee Minhyuk asked her out at the back alley and I happened to hear their conversation, I didn't want Woo Yiwon to go out with him so I told Yiwon that she can't take a day off tomorrow."

He threw the damp towel towards me. "You are really childish, do you know that? Why do you have to do that? We all know that Lee Minhyuk is a player but yet I still hired him because he is good at his job."

I threw the towel back to him and he caught it in time before it lands on his face. "But he is still a player, you can't deny that."

"But still it is still Yiwon's choice whether to go out with him or not and I am very sure that she wouldn't do that." Yoo Kihyun nodded at his own words. "She didn't seem like the person who would go out with a guy just because he asked her out."

"She told me that she might go out with that guy, I heard it with my own ears." He stared at me. "Trust me, I am not making things up at all."

"Chae Hyungwon, I want you to stop Lee Minhyuk from coming closer to Yiwon, I don't care what method you do but I don't want Yiwon to date a bastard for a boyfriend. She has a long life in front of her and I don't want a douchebag to ruin it." He looks like he is going to rip the towel apart and I took it from him, hanging up his towel for him on his behalf so that he wouldn't have a torn towel.

"Don't worry, my beloved house owner. I will make sure that Woo Yiwon is safe from that guy because I will be there to protect her and I like her." I suddenly stopped because I just realized what I said and Yoo Kihyun heard it all, I faked a laugh as a way to make the situation better. "I didn't mean that I just--"

"I know exactly what you mean and I wish you the best but I can't be certain that Woo Yiwon will like you back, she is an independent woman and she has a mind of her own." He told me. "Just focus on your job as a chef first, Chae Hyungwon."