10 ; come with us

"what are we looking for?"

in the hushed and tranquillized night, jae and i stood crouched under the limo. we each had our own flashlights as we thoroughly scanned the entire bottom of the vehicle.

"taehyung, what are we looking for?" jae repeated himself, looking over towards me.

"bombs."

jae choked on his spit and immediately retreated, he yelled, "what?!" i stiffled a laugh, reeling back from the limo. i looked at him, smiling slightly, "we can never be too sure, jae." he sighed, rubbing his eyes, "sorry, i'm still getting used to this kind of thing."

"it's okay. i know, it takes time," i said, thinking back to how scared i was on my first training day. jae nodded, frowning a little. he stood up, looking at his shoes as he muttered, "i'm not usually scared of anything so don't think i'm..."

"jae, we're all scared of something," i stated, looking up at the younger figure. his eyes shifted onto me, he raised an eyebrow as if he didn't understand.

"you're telling me that even you are scared of something?" he questioned.

"..y-yeah," i stuttered.

"you? the great kim taehyung? come on, you have to be lying," jae spoke. i never really thought about my fears. i knew everyone had one..but why can't i pinpoint mine?

"then name it? what are you afraid of?" he asked, looking at me.

i paused, going to reply but didn't. behind jae, a group of people started walking towards us. i looked closer, it looked like junsoo, gun, jaeho, aera and some other working people. i rose to my feet, saying, "we'll talk later," to jae before approaching the crowd.

junsoo saw me and smiled, "wassup, taehyung." i held a hand onto his chest, stopping his movements. everyone else stopped in the process, all their eyes on me.

"where you guys going?" i asked no one in particular. everyone seemed to be dressed up, like they were going to attend a party. aera looked at me, our eyes connected. she was about to reply to me but junsoo spoke first.

"we're going to a club, now move it."

i stood in place, staring at him with a hard glare. pressing my lips before saying, "sir, you have to tell me these things beforehand. you can't just leave." junsoo rolled his eyes, saying, "i just told you, didn't i? it's just a small party."

"no, i'm not letting aera go," i replied loudly, standing my ground. junsoo raised an eyebrow, jabbing my chest with his boney finger, "you can tell her what to do. we know what we're doing so move your ass."

when i still didn't move, gun stepped forward and pushed me away. everyone walked past me without a second glance. everyone except aera who kept looking at me.

"jae, my boy. drive us, will you?" junsoo said, tossing him the keys. he nodded hesitantly, getting into the driver's seat.

everyone started piling into the limo. before aera got in, she paused and looked at me.

"aera, baby, we're going to be late," junsoo said, standing behind her.

"wait," aera spoke quietly. she looked up at junsoo and gun, saying, "i want taeby to come."

"taeby?" the two men said in unison, creasing both their eyebrows. she nodded innocently, looking over at me with a smile. junsoo looked at me and groaned, he said to her, "why do you want him to come?" aera smiled and shrugged, replying, "i just want him to come."

gun gritted his teeth, clearly getting pissed off. junsoo sighed and nodded, "fine, but only because i love you. come on, get inside." aera beamed happily, getting inside the limo.

"yo! pretty boy, come on. she wants you," junsoo yelled with an angry expression, stepping inside quickly. gun looked at me as i walked towards the limo.

"taeby?" he questioned. i shrugged, ignoring him. opening the door, i sat in the passenger's seat. gun scoffed, entering the limo before muttering, "taeby..that son of a bitch."

jae started the engine, he looked at me and asked, "shall we go?"

"we shall."