Chapter 1

Chapter 1 / Sky's POV

Today was the big day. I knew that it would be ahead of time... so preparation was a big deal. I had picked out my outfit last night and was still trying to somehow mentally convince myself that I'm about to ask Niall Horan to my Sadies dance. 

I knews that it would be a big deal considering every single girl at the school wanted him, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a go. I was only terribly nervous because I remembered that he had turned down every girl that had asked him so far.

I still didn't let it put me down, which is why right when my alarm rang, I got up and quickly made my way to the restroom.

A nice shower, some wavy hair action, and of course... make up! It all took a while to put together, but once I had everything set I knew I was ready. (http://www.polyvore.com/liam_fan_fic_outfit/set?id=64026497)

I ran downstairs with only a few minutes to spare, when I spotted my parents heading straight out the door. Without a goodbye or anything... but I knew that it must have been another important client that lived on the other side of the country.

You see, my parents traveled quite a lot... which only left my cousin Jessica and I home alone most of the time. I'm just glad I have someone to spend time with.

I brushed off the fact that they left and made my way to the kitchen, only to spot my cousin eating some eggs.

"Hey dude, did they say why they were leaving so suddenly" I asked Jess and she only laughed then looked up at me and said "Nah, they only said they'd be gone for two weeks. I'm guessing it's not really a business trip."

"Yeah... I guess not." I replied back to her. She then smiled and spoke up with a jolly tone "So what's up? You look a bit fancier than usual..."

I turned around to face her and right when we made eye contact she knew.

"Oh my god... you better not be doing all this to ask that blond kid to Sadies!" I frowned because I knew she never wanted me to have anything to do with him. 

"Jess, really, he's not a bad guy I swear... he just um... dates girls often. It shouldn't matter anyways, this is our senior year and I know I'm going to do anything to make it the best!"

She just looked over to me and frowned. "Sky... you know how hopeless this would be. Not just for you, but for the both of us. Those girls swear like we're anything less than them. If they see you trying to ask Niall they'll have a reason to bully you!"

I ignored her and didn't reply, but boy did I know that everything she said is totally true. I just couldn't let anything affect my last and most important year. 

She scowled at me and said "Ugh fine... just don't bother me when people are being mean to you." I then made my way over to her and gave her a hug.

"Don't worry Jess, I won't let them push me over this year." She just smiled and then looked over to her watch.

"Dude! Hurry up and finish your toast... school starts in like 15 minutes!" I then realized how late we were and took one last bite of my toast. We quickly ran off to the car and sped off to school.

When we finally arrived I was ready... nervous, but ready. 

We got to our parking spot and I immediately got off the car hearing the first bell ring. I sped walk all through the halls until I finally made it to first period before the second and last bell rang.

This was the class I had with Niall... the class I had the worst grade in. I literally spend every second just looking over to him and admiring his gorgeous face.