A Short Journey

John was panicking. He had assumed the train ride would soothe him, or at least give him some time to think. He could only imagine holding his love and keeping her this time. He wasn't angry, just filled with anxiety. His mind continued to wander.

What if I returned home empty-handed? What would I do then? What would the boys say?

The world had been moving too fast and yet so slow.Time began to infuriate him. The lack of time with his love, the lost time she spent engaged to an asshole, and now the mere seconds which this god forsaken train kept them apart. Time had brought them together, but now he found himself at the mercy of time and feared in the end - Time would reign victorious in his journey to love.

The train came to an abrupt halt. He stepped onto the platform - and there she was.

His angel, hair tucked behind her ears, legs crossed, and anxiously waiting for the arrival of the lost prince .  For a moment John stood there in awe, he felt the same warmth as the first time he had laid eyes on you. I'm this moment, he became certain that time had lost their battle and though some may say it's impossible, the moment John locked eyes with you the nauseating twist of events stood still, the train whistles silenced, and the world held her breath as he ran towards his beloved.

He caught you in his arms, his embrace gentle yet firm looking you in the eyes and as his eyes teared up he began saying  "I'm not loosing you, you're my best friend, the best girlfriend, and  I'm certain we would make -

He knelt down on one knee.

- a fantastic married couple. Will you marry me? Please."