Episode 5: Dig Dug

We let Mike in and he talks to will as Mom and I put up the rest of the drawings that Will drew. It's like a puzzle. A very large and complex puzzle. Mom tries to get a hold of Hopper because apparently he was here before I came home and he left to go check something out and hasn't come back. It gets dark so I go to sleep.

The next morning I wake up and leave to go get some food from the store because Mom said we were running low. Mike, Will, and Mom try to figure out the vines as I leave.

I drive by Nancy's to see Steve and Dustin watching my car pass. I stop when Dusting comes running after me.

"Y/n! Y/n! We need you." He says as I roll down my window.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Because." He gets in and looks at Steve who is just standing in the middle of the Wheelers' yard. "Come on! Get in!" Dustin calls and Steve runs to my car and gets in."Go to my house." Dustin says and I step on the gas pedal.

"I'm supposed to be getting groceries." I mutter under my breath.

"Wait!" Dustin yells and I stomp on the breaks.

"What?" I ask, irritated.

"Steve. Where's the bat? The one with the nails?" Dustin asks.

"It's in my trunk."

"Go get it."

"Why?"

"I'll explain it on the way, now go!"

Steve gets out and runs to his car, grabs his bat, then runs back to us. He gets in the car and we leave.

What the hell is going on?

*274 words