Chapter 11- Bliss

When Lance woke, sunlight was filtering in through the large window. Keith lay in his arms, snoring softly.

'That is so adorable,' Lance murmured softly. He ran his fingers carefully through Keith's silky hair and took in the sight. He looked so peaceful sleeping. Lance's thoughts drifted to the night before. He had never felt like that with anyone before. He had never kissed anyone like that, or been kissed like that.

'Is that what it's like to be with your soulmate,' Lance wondered out loud.

'Did you just call me your soulmate,' Keith asked sleepily.

'Um no,' Lance said quickly, his cheeks flaming. 'This is a dream.'

'I'm pretty sure it's not,' Keith grinned, opening his eyes.

'I hate you mullet,' Lance grumbled but Keith kissed his waist.

'No you don't,' he grinned. Lance smiled at the other boy and pulled him into a hug.

'Last night,' he said as they cuddled under the blankets.

'Was amazing,' Keith finished, beaming up at him.

Lance was truly whipped.

'It was,' Lance agreed, stroking Keith's head.

'Wanna get some food,' Lance asked and Keith nodded.

The next few weeks drifted off in a bliss. Lance and Keith grew closer and more in love than any of them could have possibly imagined. They lay side by side on the roof of their little hut one night, nearly a month after they went through that black hole.

'Can I say something selfish,' Lance asked and Keith nodded.

'I'm kind of happy we went through that black hole because if we didn't I don't think this would have happened.'

'I'm happy as well,' Keith agreed, 'I miss the others but god Lance I love this thing between us so much.'

'Keith,' Lance said suddenly, 'look at that star, it's huge!'

'Make a wish,' Keith said quickly.

'I don't need to wish for anything,' Lance said, 'because I have everything I wan right here: the man I love.'

Keith felt his heart expanding and pulled Lance into a kiss.

'I love you too, Lance,' he said softly. They sat on the roof, kissing. Lance began to pull Keith's shirt up when Keith noticed something.

'Lance wait,' Keith said.

'S-Sorry, did I do something wrong?'

'No, my love, no but Lance look.'

Keith pointed upward and Lance saw it. What he had mistaken for star was actually a giant ship descending toward them.

'Lance,' Keith yelled, 'it's the Castle of Lions!'