Chapter 8 Miles

I got up early the next day and got my stuff together, did my hygiene and got dressed in a ripped blue jeans, a blue and white crop-top and white air forces. Put my hair up in a bun, add my perfume and other hygiene products when I heard a knock on my door.

"It's open!", I said turning around.

"Kulture!" I added.

"Been a week since you talked to me, and you been avoiding my calls and text," she said sitting down on my bed.

"Because... I can't be bothered with your attitude Kulture. You been acting up lately" I said putting in my earrings.

"Told you I was sorry" she said pouting.

"And I said it was cool" I said grabbing my bag and phone.

"Where you going?" She asked standing up.

"To the hospital" I replied as I walked to the door.

"Why?" She asked following me.

"Milo got shot yesterday... I'm going to see if he's good" I replied leaving the room.

"I'm coming with you" she said trailing behind.

I made my way downstairs when I heard Courtney on the phone talking to someone.

"What the fuck you mean you didn't get her" She whispered yelled from the kitchen.

"I gotta do everything myself don't I" she added and sounded like she hung up.

"What's that about?" Kulture asked me.

"Bitch. I wish I knew ... Come on!" I said and dragged her out of the house.

We hopped in the Jeep and headed to the hospital. I entered and went to the front desk.

"I'm here to see Miles Williams" I said to the lady.

"Name please?" She asked giving me a friendly smile.

"Julianna Black"

"Okay... go-ahead, door number 256" she said pointing down the hallway.

As we walked down the hallway, we saw Big Didi at the door eating ice.

"Wassup Queen" he said dapping me up.

"Sup Didi... You good?" I asked.

"Yeah, gurl I'm good" he said.

I smiled and entered the room to see Milo frowning and scrolling through the channels on the TV.

"What the fuck the TV did to you, nigga?" I said, getting his attention over to the door.

"Man, they shit don't have nothing good to watch" he said giving me a smile.

"How you feeling?" I asked giving him a hug.

"Man like a 100 bucks" he said laughing.

"Then again I'm high as fuck on this pain meds" he added.

"Even at your worst you still seem to want others laughing" I said taking a seat beside him.

"Yow J, thanks for yesterday... Real thing ...Leek and I would be gone if it wasn't for you ass" he said looking at me.

"I keep telling you asses always be on guard. You know our business" I said looking back at him who's attention was now on Kulture.

"What you doing here shawty?" He asked with a mugged look on his face.

"I came to see you.... heard you got shot" Kulture said all shy.

"I didn't want your ass here" Milo said turning his attention back to the tv.