𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 - 𝐭𝐰𝐨 | 𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧 + 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧

• 𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧 •"WHAT ABOUT PENS? What if one of the pens dies at sign in?" I ask as my sister, Lydia, tightens the laces on my dress

• 𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧 •
"WHAT ABOUT PENS? What if one of the pens dies at sign in?" I ask as my sister, Lydia, tightens the laces on my dress.
My mother approaches me, reaching into her purse, retrieving not one, not two, but three boxes of the exact same pen that are at the guest sign-in desk.
"I knew you'd be freaking out about every little detail so I bought some pens. I'll have your brother go drop them off at the desk before he comes to get you." She says.
I exhale and nod, smiling to her. Michelle approaches me, taking my face in her hands.
"Lennon, this is your dream come true. Why are you freaking out?" She asks.
My hands tremble beside my legs and I shrug, clenching my hands together tightly.
"I've dreamt of this day for years—the day where Benny and I would finally break free of our tension and just return to who we were together. And now, that it's here, I'm scared I'm going to wake up again." I say. "I'm scared that I'm going to wake up and it's going to be my first day back in L.A."
She smiles and nods, taking my hands tightly in her own.
"Did you know that Clark and I hated each other before we started dating?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.
I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head, imagining them hating one another.
"We couldn't stand each other. I don't even remember how we became friends, but eventually, he asked me out, and now, we're married. Isn't that fun?" She asks.
I nod, smiling. Clark and Michelle got engaged about a year ago and got married less than six months after their engagement. Their wedding was small and simplistic, but they both enjoyed it. I run my hand through my hair one last time before attaching my veil to the clip in my hair. I pull on my heels and nod to Lydia.
"Let's get going. Do you have my flyers for the reception?" I ask.
She nods, smiling to me. I have a brand new pair of P.F. Flyers to wear during the reception so my feet aren't killing me by the end of the night.
"I wish Dad were here," I say quietly, squeezing Lydia's hand tightly in my own.

• 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧 •
"I can't believe you chose Smalls to be your best man, I mean seriously." Ham says. "He was the last to join the group."
I roll my eyes and pull my suit jacket on over top of my dress shirt.
      "Ham, he's been there for me the last eight years. Like literally just upstairs to talk to." I say, grabbing my tie.
      "I just cannot believe that you chose Smalls." He says, leaning back in his seat.
      I roll my eyes and begin to tie my tie. My suit is a traditional black with a deep navy tie and small baseball pin, a casual gift from Cal in his attempt at stealing the Best Man position from Smalls.
      "Look, you all got your weddings and I didn't say shit about best man. Hell, I could've chosen Cal over here and blew you all out of the water. I love you all like brothers, but Smalls has been there the most for me recently." I say. "You're all still in the wedding party and that's what matters most."
      Han nods and exhales in defeat. I adjust my hair and nod, looking at each of the boys.
      "Let's get going boys," I say. "I've got a bride to marry."
We all exit the room and walk through the halls of the hotel to the car parked out front. Yeah-Yeah climbs into the drivers spot and drives us to the venue. He parks the car and we all climb out, walking towards the outdoor wedding altar.

* * * * *

      "My dearest Lennon," I say softly, taking her hand in my own, smiling at her. "What can I say to you that I haven't already said before? What can I provide to you that I haven't already given before? My body, my mind, my soul and my heart—They're all yours. Everything that I have and everything that I am belonged to you long before today. And I promise that it shall all be yours, forever. I will be yours forever. I will follow you anywhere you go and anywhere you lead me to. Hand in hand, Heart in heart. The world is messed up in so many ways but this, here with you, isn't. This is perfect. It's what I want for the rest of my life. I love you, my Dearest Lennon, and always will. For the rest of my life."
      Her eyes hint tears but she shakes them away, smiling at me softly. She opens her peach lips to speak and exhales slowly.
      "Benjamin, I want so badly to be able to explain all the love I have for you. Not the love of butterflies and stomach knots—but more the blurring of self and the entanglement with another soul. Love is a word that is much too soft and used far too often to ever describe the fierce, infinite and blazing passion that I have in my heart for you. You are a million dreams and a million prayers of a little girl come true. You are kind. You are silly. You are intelligent. Your laugh is contagious and you can put away an entire Dairy Queen ice cream cake in one sitting like nobody else can. You acknowledge my strengths and accept my faults. Your bravery and sheer will power pushes me to be even better. You make me want to be a better person every day." She says. "So when you take me out to the ball game and try to punch a catcher or threaten to strangle a pitcher with your baseball bat, I will be there to calm you down. I will be there to listen and allow to vent, not to punish you. I take you as you are now, tomorrow and for eternity to come, to be my husband. Even when the day comes that we're old and gray, I promise to always see you with the same eyes and the same heart that I see you with at this exact moment. So today, I vow to honor you and respect you, support you and encourage you. I promise to dream with you, celebrate with you, and walk beside you through whatever life brings. I vow to laugh with you and comfort you during times of joy and times of sorrow. I promise to always pursue you, to fight for you, and love you unconditionally and wholeheartedly for the rest of my life. You are my best friend and I'm the luckiest person on Earth to call you mine, Benjamin Rodriguez." She says.
      My heart swells in my chest and it feels, momentarily, like I cannot breathe.
      "Now for the exchanging of the rings." The officiant says.
      I reach into my pocket and retrieve my Grandmother's wedding ring. I slip the ring onto Lennon's finger and smile at her. She slips a simplistic silver band onto my finger and smiles up at me.
      "With the exchanging of vows and rings, I pronounce Benjamin Franklin Rodgriguez and Lennon Faith Davis married. You may now kiss the bride." The officiant says.
      I take Lennon in my arms and lean down, kissing her passionately. Applause surrounds us and I drown it out.
      "That girl don't know what she's doing," Timmy said, the phrase repeated by Tommy.
      "Yeah she does," I said. "She knows exactly what she's doing."