Chapter 8

Things to take note of in differences between Original version and this rewrite-

Welcome to the second fight scene. Since we're dealing with a new big bad essentially this means that we're gonna have completely different battles. I hope you enjoy this one!

    When the Battle of New York happened 23 years ago no one really believed that it was possible. After the attack and then the Infinity War, Earth became more of a spotlight in the universe, and humans had to get used to the idea of aliens coming to Earth and beginning to live here. Though it wasn't that hard with the X-Men and then the Inhumans, though there were, of course, people who believed only normal non-powered humans should live on earth. Their numbers started to dwindle as time went on.

    Still, the one alien race that the world hated and would never stand or really accept were the chitauri and it was common to find pictures of the horrid aliens plastered on the internet with hate spewed under them. Taylor never thought she'd have to face one outside of the mummified one that was once put on display in the Smithsonian for a temporary exhibit on the Avengers. That belief was proven wrong.

    When the Chitauri appeared, having knocked down the door to her classroom, students screamed. She wasn't sure if she did to or not, if she had her voice blended into the crowd of screams... All she knew was in the panic that began to fill the classroom, with teens scrambling around like headless chickens, James jumped gracefully from his seat leaping over the row that separated him from her with such agility that came with years of training before he grabbed her wrist tightly.

"We need to go!" He yelled at her tugging her wrist as he tried to lead her towards the now shattered windows.

Taylor didn't try and argue, James was right, they had to get away from the Chitauri, and with them blocking the door the only way out of here was the window. She quickly followed his lead, the two leaping through and out the windows on to the empty backgrounds of the school. She could hear the screaming coming from inside the school now. But before she could turn her head to look back, James pushed her down to the ground causing her to bang her head on the side of a sprinkler as she hit the ground.

Her vision went black for a moment and when it finally came back in, she could feel some wetness on the side of her forehead and grunting and fighting in the background as her ears rang. It took a moment for her vision to come back into focus and for the ringing to die down before she could finally turn herself around to look at what was happening behind her.

James was standing with his legs planted firmly into the ground, holding off a chitauri as it snapped at him. There appeared to be a round disk that acted as a barrier holding the chitauri back as it pressed into its torso, keeping it far back enough to keep it from biting him.

"TAYLOR!" He barked pushing the chitauri back with such force that it went staggering back. In a quick fluid motion, he used the side of the disk and plunged it into the neck of the alien, decapitating it, killing it, before he turned towards her.

She could see clearly the disk now. It looked to be a hard light projection, projecting out of a cuff on his wrist. The design of the disk matched that of Captain America. Before she could take in more of it the shield disappeared, the projection turning off as he ran over towards her and helped her up.

"Shit, How bad does it hurt?" He asked as he pulled her up off the grass, eyeing her forehead at what she could only assume was a gash.

"Mostly numb," she answered, raising her hand to try and feel it but James grabbed her wrist before she could.

"I wouldn't touch it," he suggested pulling his hand away as she moved her hand back down to her side. "We need to get to safety, we need help," he stated looking back at the school to notice chitauri starting to pour out of the building.