Chapter 7

Things to take note of in differences between Original version and this rewrite-

Since Thor Ragnarok really changed the view on Loki this had to be taken into account, along with the new Avengers. This chapter is really the first where the true big bad is mentioned and starts to come into play.

Now, this is a really important filler chapter as we're now starting to see the repercussions of Taylor's mother being revealed to Tony along with the start of what will be the build-up to Taylor finding out Tony is her father.

"You know I never considered that humans were capable of all this," Loki commented looking out over the city of New York from the window of Taylor's room in Avengers Tower. The sun's first rays were beginning to peak over the horizon, starting to dawn onto the city that never slept. "When I was first introduced to your species you were pathetic barbarians who sailed the seas. Thor loved your predecessors as they'd always pray to him, always gift him with treasures from their expeditions. Thor would always fight with them in their meaningless battles. I never did though," explained the god of mischief.

"What does this have to do with anything?" Taylor sneered as she stood a few feet behind him, staring. "How does this justify what you're doing?"

"Humans weren't evolved back then as much. The most powerful thing the world had seen were demigods, but nothing like the mutants, inhumans, and 'heroes' of today. When Earth started to evolve at such a rapid pace, quickly becoming a beacon to the rest of the universe, you all attracted Thanos's attention."

"Yes. I know, the Infinity War. The Avengers fought him off," Taylor stated bluntly still not seeing where this was going.

Loki then turned towards her and in that instant, Taylor didn't see the god of mischief, but instead a desperate man.

"He's coming. He's coming for his revenge. He'll kill every powered who crossed him, and in revenge punishment 10 fold of what they did to him. He'll kill my daughter. All the young avengers. All the x-men, all the inhumans, but first he'll come for you. That's why I had to get to you first," Loki confessed, "I'm not trying to be the bad guy. But you have to get off this planet. The Avengers can't protect you. Your father can't protect you."

Taylor opened her mouth to respond, to ask the question of what did he mean her father couldn't protect her. But she never got to ask, before she could the sound of an alarm filled her dreams, and Loki took one look at her before pushing her backward, away from him. Then she fell.

Taylor bolted straight up, her hair throwing her head off balance from the bed head she now had. The alarm clock next to her bed was now going off. The numbers 6:45 flashing loudly to grab her attention. She groaned in annoyance. She was going back to school today. She didn't want to go back to school today.

She slid out of bed slowly, not wanting to move to fast. Soon enough she'd gotten ready, her hair no longer lopsided, her teeth brushed, and fresh clothes put on. After she'd gotten dressed she noticed that her backpack was leaned against the wall next to the door of her room. She picked it up easily through the bag was on the heavier side and swung it over onto her right shoulder.

The minute she opened the door to her room she heard yelling, no arguing was a better word for it.

"-uld have told me, I had a right to know!" she heard Tony exclaim in anger.

"You did have a right but I had no opportunity to tell you! You'd just left to fight Thanos! Then half the population turned to dust! By the time I saw you next after the Skrull Invasion it was nearly 5 years later, I didn't have the luxury of being able to tell you about a decision I'd made 5 years beforehand when you were falling apart. I choose what I thought was best at the time," Pepper explained. Taylor was completely confused.