you were never gone - HANNAH ELLIS

Picked up where we left off
Like you were never gone

Picked up where we left offLike you were never gone

CHAPTER 3

I awaken to chatter. Sighing I sit up and look around the room. It's actually quite nice in the daylight. I stand up and walk out into the main living area.

"Elliott?" I question walking over to him, "What are you doing?" My heart races as I take in the scene, Elliott holding a shotgun.

"Kat?" I look over towards the source of the voice and see Elliott pointing the gun at 5 who is standing beside Diego and a girl I don't recognise. My face breaks into a wide smile. The reunion is quickly broken as Elliott points the gun to me.

"Hey!" Diego yells taking a step forward. I hold my hand up indicating him to stop, not breaking eye contact with the crazy man with a gun.

"Listen, Elliott." I state calmly walking up to him. I place my hand on the gun before quickly punching him hard in the face. I grab the gun watching him fall to the ground.

"I like her." I turn to face my brothers with a 'what the hell' expression. Diego slowly walks over to me before embracing me in a tight hug. I reply with hugging him just as tight.

"I've missed you." I mumble into his shoulder. I feel him hug me tighter in response.

"Is it on?" I lean against the counter watching the tape titled 'The Frankel Footage', beside me on the other side of the projector stood five and on the other side of me sat Diego on the counter.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?" That's an 'on' button. Just--there's something over--that jigga-ma-thing, whatever."

"I hit the jigga-ma-thing."

"Okay, well, just--give it to me. I know how to do this."

"All right, here. Here, hurry up."

"Okay, all right, let's see."

"They're so cute. I love old couples. I'm always so proud of them for not murdering each other." Lila, Diego's companion he met at an asylum, explains painting Elliott's toenails. I glance over at her as Elliott struggles in his restraints. I sigh looking back at the screen.

"Why are we still watching this?" Diego questions glancing at 5.

"Shush." The concentration in 5's is astronomical.

"Yeah, I..I'm Dan Frankel. And.."

"I'm Edna Frankel." I focus on the screen as the two elderly people introduce themselves. There has to be some reason 5 was given this footage.

"Edna Frankel. We are in Dallas, Texas, to see the president." 5 glances at the two of us. I don't look over instead I keep my gaze focused on the screen. Diego sighs annoyed twisting a knife in his hands.