trndsttr - BLACK COAST

Fire when the strobe hits (you, you)
Bet you're looking for something new
I feel the heat with you staring off across the room
I dare you, play your cards, boy you bet I'm a trendsetter, too
Fire when the strobe hits you
Bet you're looking for something new
Staring of across the room
Bet I'm a trendsetter, too

Fire when the strobe hits (you, you)Bet you're looking for something newI feel the heat with you staring off across the roomI dare you, play your cards, boy you bet I'm a trendsetter, tooFire when the strobe hits youBet you're looking for somethin...

CHAPTER 18

All of a sudden the shooting stops causing 5 to look at me. He gives me a sympathetic look. Everyone who's ever met Diego and I knew the connection we had. We were more than a brother or a sister. We were soulmates.

"I can't tell you he's ok." 5 states sitting up. I follow his lead. "But we have to keep fighting. This is not the end." I nod wiping my face. 5 walks over to the window looking out. "Kat, he's fine." I rush to the window before letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. There he stands beside the tractor.

"Thank god." I state letting out a shaky laugh. I look to the field seeing a glowing bubble. I open my mouth to question it but it bursts. "What the fuck." I watch as Lila ascends into the air, glowing much like Vanya.

"Shit. Shit." 5 mutters moving back from the window. I quickly get back under the table pulling 5 along with me. A blast of energy flies through the house before the roof caves in. I scramble out from under the table to see Luther laying in the floor. "Luther, you all right?" He groans sitting up as 5 and I rush over to him.

"Oh, I think I swallowed my tongue."

"Luther, if you swallowed your tongue, you wouldn't be talking, you big moron."

"Give him a break." I state offering Luther my hand. "The guy just fell from the sky." 5 helps as the two of us pull Luther to his feet.

"Hey, what the hell happened?" Luther questions struggling to find his feet. "What was that?" I hold onto his arm helping him balance as 5 replies.

"She must've redirected Vanya's energy wave."

"Yeah, I know, but how?" All of a sudden bricks form the fireplace begin to tumble down onto us.

"WATCH OUT!" 5 yells pushing me into Luther and then the two of us onto the ground.

"Five!" I run over to the bricks. I quickly sort through the bricks trying to find him. "Luther help me!" I hiss as he kneels down sorting the bricks. I look up at the change in air frequency. There stood Lila. I stand up walking over to her.

"You and I are gonna-"

"I'll deal with you later." She interrupts as I raise my eyebrow at her as she picks me up by my dress with ease before throwing me through the wall behind her. I fly through the bricks like a rag doll before tumbling onto the grass. I breathe in big breaths looking up at the house with shock.