my heart is mayhem (but i love it)

tags:

college/university, underage drinking, established namjin, frat boy jungkook, nerd jimin, truth or dare, light angst, rough kissing, grinding, hair-pulling

--

summary:

jimin just wanted to study in a quiet place without any distractions, but a frat boy and his crazy-ass brothers just had to meet up in the same building.

--

"brooo, this is so crazy!"

his fraternity big's droopy voice reached jungkook's ears, but the voice was more fuzzy than comprehensible. jungkook himself was muttering random words, unsure of what he was even saying...and if anyone was even listening.

the cold, night breeze blew in his face, nipped at his ear, and bit at his neck, but the warm buzz of alcohol in jungkook's throat prevented him from needing a jacket. him and his fraternity brothers were on their way home from the second college party of the evening. the first one was pretty boring, consisting of jungkook taking the first of many shots and feeling a slight burn with each swallow.

now, the 19-year-old could only taste that gentle buzz every time he raised his beer bottle to his lips.

earlier in the night, jungkook had attended the first party as namjoon and jin's third wheel. being two of his four best friends, jungkook always hung out with them wherever they went. even though they were in love and they never failed to show that love to the world, jungkook almost never felt like a third wheel. but it was during nights like these when he felt as lonely as a lost airpod.

his two other best friends were waiting for the three of them to arrive at the campus library, but because of their drunkenness, it felt like the library was a few hours walking distance away.

"whaz' crazy, joon?" jungkook slurred, his head whirling to the right so he could make eye contact with his big.

"his fingers are so coool, why have i never *hiccup* seen them before?" namjoon, who was actually standing to jungkook's left, tapped jungkook's shoulder so he would be looking in the right direction. when their eyes finally met, a smile broke out on jungkook's face, and he felt giggles bubble up in his chest.

jungkook was a giggly drunk.

namjoon was a slurred-words, hiccups-in-the-middle-of-talking, no-boundaries drunk.

"you've definitely seen these fingers before baby, and you've felt them toooo," jin sing-songed from where he was hanging on his boyfriend's arm.

and he was the horny, overly-confident drunk.

"SHHHH. JUNGKOOK M-MIGHT *hiccup* HEAR YOU." namjoon shouted, swiveling on his heel and clamping a hand over jin's lips. jungkook's giggles turned into full-on cackles.

in response, namjoon turned back around and flipped off his little, starting a short argument on why jungkook shouldn't laugh at him and how he should be laughing at his untied shoelaces instead.

"waaait guys, i'm almost done," jungkook drawled, tossing his beer bottle to an unknown location and attempting to kneel down to tie them. his attempt turned into an accidental forward roll, which resulted in a cacophony of jin's windshield wiper laughs and namjoon's stressed hiccups. jungkook's head felt like it was in a blender, and someone was punching the 'blend' button over and over again.

at least the feeling wasn't in his stomach, or else namjoon and jin would get the chance to see its contents.

jungkook lay flat on the sidewalk, his spine braced against the hard cement. fortunately, because of the alcohol, the pain from the forward roll wasn't as potent. but he could still see namjoon and jin laughing at him.