|01| The Arrival

Rule number one for letting your Medoran friends lose in a theme park: don't.

At least, without a child leash for Jordan, a way for Dix to get off the horse on the merry-go round, and to tear Bear away from the lightsaber making station in Universal Studios.

At first, the weekend had started out calm. Friday night, Dix had launched into a pre-prepared plan for Disney World Resort, Florida, pointing out the park while Jordan whined for sleep. They were staying one night in the resort - Medoran money to American dollars was surprisingly a lot. As in, she had a lot of cash loaded onto her credit card. It had been hard to convince the bank that they were from a far off country with a great economy - especially with Jordan sniggering in the back, but eventually, when Darrius popped in to assert his adulty-grandfatherly dominance, they caved.

They actually only planned to have a day at each park: Disney and Universal, but Alex had a feeling her friends would be begging to stay longer, which was why most of her 'scholarship' money had been changed to the proper currency if they decided to extend their stay.

When they arrived in the airport, they were all severely jetlagged and ready to collapse onto very uncomfortable looking chairs, and her friends were still getting their plane-legs. Alex had decided to use as little of her gift as possible, besides, opening a door across continents would probably make her pass out.

Instead, with Dix at the helm of the planning (Alex helped a bit with her prior knowledge), they were taking Disney's Magical Express. Unfortunately, it wasn't like Jordan and Bear's guesses, and wasn't the Hogwarts Express. They all piled into the bus, yawning desperately and fanning at their eyes to keep them awake. The blue bus painted as a ship trundled along to the park - thirty minutes through thick traffic.

First, it stopped at some of the hotels closer to the entrance, then drove closer to Epcot, where they hopped off with their luggage, and stood before Disney's Beach Club Resort. In travel clothes, the Core Four seemed a bit out of place in the grand lobby of the resort, but Dix pulled onto her royal manners and Bear and Jordan followed behind her.

Alex and Dix dealt with checking in, occasionally stealing glances at the interior of the lobby - a palette of cream, mint and rose that even Alex could pick out, and she wasn't one for interior design. But she could appreciate the warm glow contrasting the darkening sky outside, and she slapped a hand over her mouth to keep herself from yawning rudely before the kind receptionist.

Bear and Jordan were enthralled by a Disney movie playing in the kids area, squatting on the tiny cube seats besides other kids definitely younger than them. Hercules, she finally recognised the movie, then brought her attention back to the receptionist.

"Here are your four room keys. Open your door like so—" Kayla demonstrated on a demo lock sitting on the raised part of the desk, "Try to keep them away from other cards like credit or gift cards so they won't deactivate, but if they do, just come back to the concierge and we'll sort it out."

Kayla had a big smile on her face - not a fake one, rather genuine, like she really enjoyed her job. Alex would too, like, c'mon, it's Disney World.

"Your room is already set up, as per your bookings, a two-bedroom suite with Club-Level access which has four twin beds split into two rooms and a conjoining living room inbetween. Bathrooms are ensuite to each bedroom, and room service is available at all times."

Impressed, Alex nodded and took her key from Kayla.

"I've sent your luggage ahead for you, so if you want to settle in for the night and order room service, you can do that, or," Kayla pulled out a set of brochures in theme with the park. "We have ten restaurants inside Disney's Beach Club Resort, of course, you can eat at any restaurant across Disney World, but in the future, I'd recommend reserving places. Our more casual restaurants are still open, here, here, and here." Kayla tapped on the Beach Club map, then stack all the maps and brochures together with a smile. "Don't forget you've got the prepaid breakfast buffet which can be extended if you wish to stay longer, as is for everything. I hope you enjoy your stay here at Disney's Beach Club Resort, and feel free to ask for me if you have any questions."