|09| Stab stab, but with lightsabers

Alex waited for her legs to stop wobbling like jelly as they left the Falcon, all chattering animatedly about their favourite parts of the ride. Maya and Kay ended up coming with them to grab a snack (they were growing, and growing requires carbs) from Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo. They got to know each other better, Alex and her friends using a cover story of sorts that was mixed with truths and lies. She did feel a bit bad about all the white lies but it was necessary. Dix was a princess, and Medora had to remain a secret.

The sun was that sort of lazy warm, that you felt slightly sleepy in but you could still have around without being a slug. Taking a long chug of her water, Alex threw away her snack and walked back to their table. Squished as it was with six people, everyone had shuffled to take Alex's seat for a bit for spare room. She had to playfully force Dix and Bear apart so she could wriggled into the tiny space.

"So, what are you guys doing next?"

Maya answered Alex's question as she swallowed a bite of her vegetarian kofta. "Droid Depot. We did Savi's yesterday and today we have Rise of Resistance and the making of our droids."

Jordan nodded thoughtfully, "Nice, we have just the lightsabers left today. I think we were planning to go to Animal Kingdom in the afternoon, right?"

Dix nodded affirmation just as Kay checked the time. "Crap, we gotta Maya. The lines are gonna get long if we don't go soon. It was really nice meeting you guys!" She called the last words as the couple ran for the Depot, the Core Four responding with smiles and waves. They took their last bites, threw away their rubbish and started walking to Savi's Workshop, teasing each other and proclaiming their lightsaber crystal colours.

Alex wanted blue, Jordan green, Dix purple and Bear...red. She still couldn't believe that he was a Sith kinda guy but he insisted it was because that they'd explored the Force more. Alex called it favouring armies, sick lightsabers and swishy robes. They scored lucky again as they managed to squeeze into the next group going on. Alex barely had time to register her surrounding of hard, earth-worn walls and old metal parts jutting out from it.

They were led into an oval shaped room with a domed roof, a big lighting piece providing a barely there glow. A large metal table shaped like a C was where ten other people were gathered, divided by pipes halved along the middle. Dix, Jordan and Bear quickly filed out alongside her where a bruque mannered lady who shooed them into position.

There were about five little kids and their respective parents, then five teens mixed with adults clustered around the table as well. The music in the background was very fitting, relaxed with the iconic Star Wars tinge to it.

"Come in my friends, quickly!" ushered...Ronda, judging by her badge.

Several crates and metal boxes added to the atmosphere, little cubbies and nooks hollowed out of the packed walls. Alex glanced down to her workspace where there was an outlined area for the messy stuff, and a special holder for the saber. Once everyone was in place, Ronda strode to the middle of the curved workspace with a friendly smile. Under her light cargo robe, she wore a big leather apron with lots of pockets and tools.

"Welcome, welcome to Savi's Workshop! We apologise for the confusion outside, but ever since the First Order arrived, things around the outpost have been a little...tense." Alex's head whipped to her friends, and they shook their heads. They hadn't seen any scuffle, but they'd arrived pretty late and just managed to squeak in.

"But in here, rest assured, you are all safe." A couple of kids glanced to their parents doe-eyed, entranced by the act. "And this is indeed our workshop, filled with junk maybe, but to us...this is everything. Let me introduce ourselves," Ronda smiled warmly again and gestured to her left. "Karl." Then to her right, "Chris."