yulyen ; the language of love

Yuri's POV

I released a sigh as I walk in my dorm. I feel tired. I am exhausted. School just started, but my great teachers decided to already give us 3 homeworks and 2 essays to make.

I closed my phone and took out the books and materials to be studied

I closed my phone and took out the books and materials to be studied. It wasn't as long as I thought, but it's still long my lazy self to be encouraged to do it.

Let's start with my weakest, Math. Oh no, Trigonometry. I still don't get why we have to study Trigo. I mean, I don't think I will be able to use it. How the hell will I apply trigo if I wanted to be an journalist?

Like, am I supposed to compute the angle of every letter I am supposed to write? Do I go like, 'Oh wow! The Letter A in this is 16°!' I really don't get it.

Sometimes school just makes life complicated. But you have to study hard! Don't underestimate education!

A few minutes passed and I heard a... knock on my door? I don't have a roommate and it's 8pm...

I grabbed a wooden spatula from the kitchen before slowly making my way to the door. I held the doorknob and in..

3.

2.

1.

I hit the person right on the shoulder... With full force.

"Joyu- Yah!" She shouted.

"Oh Yena! Oh no! I'm sorry! I didn't know it was you!" I panicked and hurriedly went to her who was leaning on the wall as she whined in pain.

I grabbed a glass of water and immediately gave it to her for her to calm down.

See? Schools should teach how to help someone you accidentally hit! Well... It's not like I purposely hit her right?

Yena took some deep breaths before standing again.

"I'm really sorry!" I said as I help her sit on the couch.

"Ah... No! It's fine. I brought food. I saw your tweet and immediately went here to help you." Yena said as she calm and massage her left shoulder.

"Now I feel more guilty-"

"Don't be. I'm quite thankful to know how my future girlfriend is very alert to different attacks." She said as I blushed with the sudden comment.

"I... Okay..." I said and opened the bag to see crinkles, my favorite!

"Omo! Thank you!" I said and hugged her.

I gave her the first bite before eating the rest. I saw her look at me as I eat the crinkles. I looked back and stared at her.

"Can I ask a question?" I said. She nod and smiled.

"Aren't you tired of courting me?" I asked and took another bite.

"No. Never. Even If you tell me to stop, I will never stop. Well... Unless you really wanted me to. Do you want me to stop?"

"No!"

"Good, cause I have no plan to. I, Choi Duckyena, solemnly swear to always be here beside you and forever be your pillar and shield." She said.

"Now your homework! I am two years older than you, I should know this." Yena said and looked at the problem.

I can't help but to look at her and admire her. This unnie is something.

For 8 months she has been trying to get my sweet yes. When she confessed, I did sorta rejected her. We weren't that close and considering our not so big age gap. She will be graduating soon while I still have two more years.

She told me she was willing to capture my heart. She told me she can wait and she promise to love me. She promised she will not leave and asked for a chance. And so I agreed on her courting me.

A few months ago, I already told her to go away and leave me alone. I had another crush that time and was devastated to see my crush and her girlfriend. But Yena stayed.

As I rant to her, she listened. She was there even if I know she was hurting inside. She brought me chocolates and roses to my room. She would sometimes knock and leave food in my door early in the morning.

And maybe after many times I was with her, I saw her beauty. She was truly beautiful inside and out. She is like a dream girl.

She was so passionate and hard working. It was so rare to find such girl or guy who would do everything to make you feel how much they love you.

And Yena made me feel how much she cared for me, how much she loves me.  Maybe in our next date, I will show that I love her too.

"Yena." I said and looked at the sunset.

"Yea?"

"Yes."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I love you too."