Chapter 13

The next morning came early for the Battle Buddies after eating breakfast they started loading equipment into Jeremy's land shark, after everything was ready to go the pair went back upstairs and waited for Michael to arrive. About 20 minutes later Michael and Lindsay walked in holding hands.

MJ: How is she Ryan?

RH: She's not here anymore Michael, she left last night.

MJ: What? How? I thought you were watching her Lil'J.

JD: I must have fell asleep and she snuck out around me.

RH: Don't worry we know exactly where she is we were waiting on you to get in, apparently she didn't feel safe being in the same house as us so she made a plan with Funhaus. Bruce wanted her to stay even tried convincing her but she insisted on leaving, so they came and picked her up. She's at her house now, Adam and Lawrence are taking turns guarding her place. They have strict orders on who gets to see her, but I'm gonna talk with Bruce and get Lindsay added to the list.

MJ: Ok, sounds like a good idea, but there's something you're not telling me.

RH: Bruce informed us last night that the dipshits recorded the torture session, I'm gonna get the tape before we leave. You 2 are welcome to watch with us, but Lindsay I don't think you should be watching the video being pregnant.

LJ: Yeah, that's probably for the best.

MJ: Is everything loaded up?

JD: Yeah it's all in my land shark.

MJ: Good, Ryan get the tape so we can see exactly what they did to Kayce. I'll call Bruce and get Lindsay added to the visitors list.

Ryan nodded and walked away while Michael pulled out his phone and made a few phone calls. Jeremy just sat there with his head in his hands, Lindsay walked over and laid a hand on his shoulder.

LJ: You want talk about it?

JD: You should have seen her last night, she was so scared that I thought I hurt her. I wasn't even here when they did it to her, but I felt responsible for what happened to her. They burned her Linds, they broke her nose and ribs. They even cut her so deep that it hit an artery, if Michael wouldn't have seen it she would have bled out right there in front of us. I was so angry last night when Bruce said that they recorded it I was ready to punch Geoff in the face.

LJ: Listen Jeremy, I couldn't possibly imagine what you're going through. But I want you to know that anytime you need someone to talk to you can always come to me, because with out you there is no Team Lock and Load.

Jeremy smiled at the team name they used to call themselves while heisting. He could always count on Lindsay to make him smile.

JD: Thanks Lindsay, you have no idea how much that means to me right now.

Lindsay just nodded and gave Jeremy a hug which he returned, they were a team that no could tear apart after multiple long car rides just to vent to each other. They were one of the strongest teams of group.

MJ: Ok, Chaos Crew that's enough of the sappy best friend shit. Ryan you got the tape?

RH: Yeah, is everything all clear for Lindsay?

MJ: Yeah it took some convincing but I got her on the list.

RH: Then we're ready to go.

MJ: Alright let's get going then.

With that everyone went downstairs and got into their cars, and took the 30 minute drive to Kayce's beach house where Funhaus decided it was best for her to be since it was out of the city. Jeremy couldn't agree more with their logic, the city is no place for her right now. She's weak and vulnerable that makes her an easy target, anyone with grudge could get to her if she stayed in the city.

Eventually they pulled up in front of her house, they were taken back by the size of her house. Clearly she designed it and had it built because it was an east coast modern style home with a hint of goth, it was her dream home. Knowing her it probably had a Scandinavian minimalist interior, with hard wood floors.

Once they started moving the equipment in Jeremy just nodded his head, his thoughts were confirmed with one look around the house. Beautiful hard oak wood floors, her kitchen was grey trimmed in royal blue, in fact all the walls in the main areas of her house were grey but the trim was different colors. The kitchen in royal blue, the living room is trimmed in orange, the halls had a purple trim. Everything was visually pleasing to the eyes.

RH: This place is incredible

LJ: The interior design is absolutely fabulous.

JD: I'm not surprised actually, she built her dream house and just looking around tells me she did the interior as well. She always said the inside of her house was gonna be grey with complimentary color trim, I just never thought it would be the beach house.

The others looked over at him with raised eyebrows, they knew better then to question his knowledge about Kayce. If anyone out of the group would know her it would be Jeremy, they tried to make as little noise as possible, and they also made sure not to scuff the floor.

K: What are you doing here in my house?

The group jumped at sudden voice and turned their attention to the stairs and there leaning on wall looking exhausted and drained was Kayce, she was wearing an oversized hoodie and a pair of loose yoga pants eventually she had to sit on the step due to not being able to support herself while up right. Her eyes never left the group looking over each of them she found it odd that they were unarmed.

K: What y'all don't think I'm not dangerous while I'm injured? None of you are carrying a gun. Ryan has a few knives, but I can't say anything because I have mine on me.

They group just stood there speechless, she just called them out on not carrying any kind of firearm. They've only been here for 10 minutes at the most and have only seen her for like 3 minutes, they really didn't think she would be a threat in her condition. But she was the Contessa, and she made sure to remind them of that. The group shared looks at each other and Kayce laughed.

K: Don't bother coming up with a plan. It's too late for that, you should have come up with one earlier. If I wasn't injured, and Lindsay wasn't pregnant you 4 would already be dead. Let this be a lesson for the next time, always have some kind of plan. It doesn't have to be elaborate, it could be as simple as assigning jobs to people. But never walk into a well known criminals house unarmed and with no plan. Because you might as well kiss your ass goodbye, do I make myself clear?

The group nodded, she just lectured them about coming into her house with out a gun. The weakest person in the room just made it very clear that she maybe weak, but she's far from stupid. That just made Ryan fall even harder.