Chapter 19

Gavin squealed in delight at the news of Ryan seeing Kayce, even if it was "just as friends hanging out and having a good time" as Ryan put it. Ryan even asked Gavin for dating advice since he has been dating his girlfriend Meg for about 4 years now. He just hasn't proposed yet, and she was ok on waiting, they didn't want to rush anything. Gavin did say that when Ryan and Kayce do become a couple then the 4 of them should go see a movie or go out to dinner, Ryan happily agreed with the idea and they talked through out the night about what Ryan was looking forward to and Gavin sharing some of his favorite memories about him and Meg. On the way back to the penthouse they decided to drive by Kayce's house to see if she was home, she was just getting out of her car when they pulled in to her driveway, she waited till they were off the bikes to rush over and hug them first Gavin, then Ryan.

K: I'm so glad you're both alright, I was so worried when we talked on the phone. I was getting ready to come get you myself, when the rest of the crew came knocking on my door.

GF: Yeah we heard about your plan and being the distraction, I'm not saying I agree with your reasoning but I do appreciate that you helped to free us.

K: No problem Gav, I knew you were in trouble when you told me the weather forecast. Which was a brilliant idea by the way, from now on when ever you're in trouble and can't get a hold of the crew call me.

Gavin just smiled and nodded then looked at Ryan.

GF: Well I'm gonna call Geoff then go home, I haven't seen Meg for almost 2 days now. I want to surprise her when she wakes up in the morning, you gonna be ok Ryan?

R: Yeah Gav, I'm gonna be just fine. Thank you for convincing me to go for a drive, and for talking with me. We really should do that again soon, maybe even make it an after mission tradition.

GF: I completely agree with you, it's nice to just sit back and relax.

R: I couldn't agree more now get home to Meg, she probably went to sleep worried about you.

GF: Yeah you're probably right. Good night Kayce, night Ryan.

K: Good night Gavin

R: Night Gav

With that Gavin drove away while on the phone with Geoff, soon after Ryan called Geoff and told him that he would be sleeping at home and be at the penthouse after the holidays. After hanging up with Geoff, Ryan and Kayce sat on the couch and played a few rounds of Apex Legends, after that they fell asleep on the couch. The next day started way too early for them, Kayce's alarm went off at 6 o'clock in morning. She got up, got her shower, and made some breakfast for her and Ryan then she packed a suitcase.

Kayce was going home to Boston for Thanksgiving, and Christmas. She had called her father earlier in the month and made plans to come in and surprise her mother. She had just sat down to eat breakfast when Ryan came out of shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. This wasn't the first time Kayce had seen him like this in fact it was 4th time this month that Ryan had walked out into the hallway in nothing more then a towel. He quickly changed into fresh clothes that he keeps at her place and sat beside her at the table and starts eating breakfast.

K: Are you packed?

R: Yes, I'm just worried about what your family is gonna think of me.

K: Don't be, my mom will ask you questions about yourself, my dad will try to scare you. Just act like a normal person and not a psychotic killer and you'll be fine. The only people who we might have problems with are my Aunts and their families.

R: Why do you say that?

K: Because they're petty, spoiled bitches who care more about social status and appearance than their own family. They'll try and win your acceptance with money instead of being themselves.

R: Remind me again why we can't tell your family about us being criminals.

K: Well I'm pretty sure my dad knows the truth about our lifestyle. My mom can't find out because it would break her heart, and she will start blaming herself. The rest of my family will just use it as blackmail against us in order to get money.

R: That makes sense, when do we leave for the airport?

K: In 15 minutes, do the others know that you're leaving for the holidays?

R: I told Jack, Michael, Gavin, and Jeremy now if they remember and told the others, I have no idea. But if they call and ask where I'm at I'll just tell them that I went to Georgia for the holidays. 

Kayce nodded and the couple finished eating then did the dishes, Ryan booked an Uber and then they did the dishes and last minute cleaning before their driver pulled up. They turned off all the lights and put their bags in the trunk and went to airport, it didn't take long for them to get through security and check in. They waited for 5 minutes until it was their time to board the plane, Kayce sent a quick message to her dad as they took off, then the 2 of them just sat there holding hands and talking to each other. To everyone they looked like the perfect couple.

The flight to Boston was peaceful, Ryan fell asleep and laid his head on her shoulder while she read a book. She even snuck a picture and set it as her wallpaper, she made sure that her father was at the airport, then woke Ryan up as the plane started it's decent. He woke with a sleepy smile and kisses her cheek.