Chapter 10: Taiyang

"I swear to you that it's the truth!" Qrow insisted.

I was silent as I listened to them go on, gripping my tea tightly. I didn't want to stir up things more. It was then I heard the door open from one of the back rooms. I watched as both Summer and Raven walked back into the living room, both looking confused.

"What's going on here?" Summer asked.

"Pfft... your teammate is either trying to prank us, or terrify us by telling us about this Salem chick," William said. "But I'm not falling for it. There's no way an immortal being can exist. It just doesn't make any sense! And creating Grimm on her own? That's insane!"

I glanced over at Summer and heard her sigh. She went over to sit next to Qrow while Raven chose to sit on the floor near her. After a moment, Summer finally spoke up.

"I'm truly sorry, William... But the stories that my teammates have told you are true. There's a terrifying being out there that cannot be killed. Salem. That's one reason we're collecting the relics. Salem is after them and we can't let her get ahold of them. There's no telling what she might do with their power. I wish you didn't have to find out about all of this, but maybe... this is a good thing."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Summer smiled. "If Team WHTE is willing, the eight of us could become an even larger team of huntsmen and huntresses. We're going to need all the strength we can get. So... now that your team knows the truth, will you join us in our attempt to collect the relics?"

I looked over at Team WHTE. William seemed to be thinking hard, Heather was staying quiet, Tyler looked confused, and Erin wouldn't take her eyes off the floor.

After what seemed like a lifetime, William finally said, "Alright. We'll do our best to help your team out. Right everyone?"

Team WHTE looked at one another.

"Okay. You know I love a good fight," Tyler said.

"I'll help as well," Heather said, "we'll find a way to defeat this Salem bitch."

"Sure. I'll come along," Erin said quietly.

Summer looked relieved.
"Thank you so much! I must ask that you keep this information about Salem to yourselves. It might spread panic if anyone else were to find out. And that wouldn't be good."

I looked over at Summer.
"Hey, since we're now a big team, what should our new team name be?"

Summer looked thoughtful. "Hm... I don't really know. Does anyone have any ideas?"

"What about Stark White?" Raven suggested. "It's has a nice ring to it. And it's basically our team names put together."

"I think that's a cool idea," I said.

I saw Qrow nod in agreement.
"Yeah, I like it."

"Okay, Stark White it is then," Summer said.

"Cool! We're going to be the most badass team ever!" Tyler said, grinning.

The rest of us couldn't help but laugh. After the laugher had died down, Raven began to speak.

"As a new team, I feel as if I should update you all on Salem's plans."

I listened intently as Raven explained what she saw when she last visited Salem's domain. She described in vivid detail about Salem using Blood Magic on a Silver Eyed Warrior. And how she had overheard during one of the meetings that Summer was being spied on by a man named Icarus.

"Man... Salem can get people on her side fast," Qrow said. "But what about the new girl you mentioned? What's her role?"

Raven shook her head. "I'm not sure, but she was armed with a pistol and a dagger. And Icarus has a bow. So we should stay close and watch over one another. They might be trained in ranged weaponry so that they can attack at a distance."