I'm Here

Bellamy's POV

I watch the red lab door out of the small spaceship, trying to paint Clarke entering.
C'mon, Clarke.
I know you can make it.

"Bellamy, we need to leave," Raven urges.

"Just a moment longer," I stall, holding the spaceship door blocked as I stare over the staircase of the vast white laboratory to the upper floor.

She will make it. She always does.

"Bellamy," Murphy gets up. "I love Clarke as well, but we're all gonna die if we don't leave right now!"

I swallow hard. I know they're right. Praimfaya's coming - I can see the fire already.

I look at my mates in the space shuttle - Emori, Murphy, Raven, and Echo, all staring at me in panic.
I can't let them all die.

But Goddamn it, I can't leave her back here alone, either.

I'd never be able to live with myself knowing I was the one that killed her.

I nod once stiffly and Murphy and Echo exhale with relief.

Then I step outside the spacecraft onto the white marble floor, my steps echoing throughout the empty space.

"I'm not leaving without her," I say simply. "You should go."

"Bell!" Raven pleads with a stern stare, but I keep my ground.

Emori's eyes fill with water, but her hand clutches the blue shuttle door, nevertheless. "You know I have to close it..."

I nod. "Of course. Hurry up, guys."

Then she runs in.

Clarke.

My heart falls to my feet and my hand rushes to my chest in relief as she runs down the shallow staircase to the lower floor.

"You're here," I barely manage to murmur.

"What took you this long?" Murphy sticks his body out and lends her his hand to help her embark onto the shuttle.

I follow suit immediately.

"Don't even ask," she shakes her blonf head, but I pull her into a hug.

I exhale slowly.
Finally, we're all here. And ready to leave.

"All set!" Murphy announces in panic, after shutting the door.

Raven nods, then pulls the control buttons that stir the shuttle and the countdown begins.

"Five, four, three, two, one."

The door of the launch tube opens and the spacecraft shoots up in the air.

We've set off.

I watch the Earth burn underneath us, Clarke still between my arms.

"I thought you guys left without me," she whispers into my neck.

"Never," I reassure her, holding her tighter.

—————-
My 2nd fanfiction book 😩 just because I truly HATED the ending and I know most of Bellarke shippers have as well.

I don't usually like fanfiction, but when a character is done wrong (SO SO wrong), I need to make an alternative ending so I can put that story to rest.

I thought about starting the story after season 6, cause I honestly hated the entire season 7, but then I decided to change the season 5 as well a bit, because I've never really liked the whole Madi story.

So, the ending of season 4 is changed and we'll continue into season 5 as it is, with these 2 storylines changed: Clarke is not left behind in Praimfaya and Bellarke does happen. 🥰 ✅