Love

Clarke's P.O.V.

"Here comes the boss, gracing us with her presence," Murphy provokes as I enter the eating quarters. Emori, Echo, Raven, and Murphy are seated at the L-shaped tables.

Bellamy's missing.

"I just came to grab my portion," I say taking a plate laid out for me. "Thanks," I give a small smile to Raven, who I know prepared it.

Just as I take it, I notice another plate sitting there untouched.

"Where's Bellamy?" I ask her.

She lifts a shoulder, chewing. "Thought he was with you."

Now all the others look at me, so I just quickly grab his plate not to make the situation escalate to awkward. "I'll find him."

I leave and turn right for the hallway leading to our rooms.
I walk up to Bellamy's bedroom, which is two rooms away from my own.

I knock at the door, but there's no answer.

I grab the knob and open it.

The room's empty.

I decide to bring our food to the control room. I have a feeling he might be there.

I pass back by the eating quarter and at the end of the narrow corridor, I find the door to the control room opened.

I knock against it, nonetheless.

"Yeah?" I hear his deep voice from inside.

I stick my head in and give him a modest smile. "I brought the food to you," I enter and walk up to him standing in front of the big glass window, gazing over onto the Earth. "Hope you don't mind."

His lips stretch, but there's a frown on his forehead. "Why would I mind?"

"Oh, I don't know," I press hair behind my ear as I take a seat behind the control panels, "Figured you might want to be alone..." my voice trails away. Given you're the only one avoiding the joint luncheons.

"I don't," he says simply and joins me at the panel, placing his plate on some empty space at the edge of it. "Thanks for looking out for me," he gives me a deep meaningful stare.

My throat feels somewhat dry as I give his a small smile. "That's what friends are for."

He nods. "Right."

"The food portions are getting bigger," I note cheerfully, getting a spoonful of the stew in our plate-bowls.

"Yeah..."

I look at him as I bring the spoon to my mouth. He's acting off. Maybe it's my turn to be a good friend and cheer him up. But I still feel too bummed myself to try and bring other people up.

I try nonetheless.

"Being up here might not be as bad as we had imagined."

Now I've got his attention. "Why do you say that?"

"Raven and the rest of the crew seem to have gotten a grip on how the farm works," I nod. "We'll have plenty of food. Plus, Echo's been setting up a training space at the other end of the ship. You know, to kill some time."