Feelings

Clarke's P.O.V.

I sit at a table of the plantation factory, not really helping anyone out, just lost in my thoughts of Emori and Bellamy in her bedroom, as Raven and Emori discuss what should be done to get the food growing again.

"We will have enough oxygen," Raven states holding a plant bed in her hands, "we just need to calculate the optimal amount of water that should be used for-"

"Hey," I hear Bellamy's voice behind at the door.

I turn to find him walking toward me.

"What have I missed?" he addresses the gang, taking a seat next to me.

"Not much, really," Emori shrugs, standing in the middle of the farm - a narrow long room with two-columned stands of each side of it. "Raven's got everything under control."

"As always," he notes, smiling.

I press my lips, trying to focus on Raven's words. But I'm afraid I'll be of no use here. All I've known so far is war. And how to lead it...

My head takes me back to when we fought the first Grounders as Raven shoots up her computer.

"Hey," Bellamy nudges me with a soft voice, "wanna get out of here?"

It catches me by surprise, but I nod anyway. "Sure." Maybe he feels he can't be productive either. We both have the same skillset, after-all.

I follow him outside and he enters the old medics room, then shuts the door after me.

"What's up?" I narrow my eyes cautiously.

He shakes his head a little. "I just wanted-" he stalls, "What Echo did, I want you to know I don't approve it."

"Bellamy, you're free to do whatever you please with- anyone you please," I awkwardly push the words out.
Why is this so God damn hard?

He suddenly has an amused smile stretched across his face. "I meant the way she shut the door in your face."

"Oh," I blush immediately. "I just meant-"

"It's okay," he cuts me off.

"Oh, just admit it to yourselves already," Murphy's voice cuts through the air and I freeze seeing him get up off the floor from behind the drugs counter. I didn't know he was there.

"It's not like the rest of us haven't figured it out a long ass time ago," he strolls next to us, throwing some kind of fabric on the bed-chair on his way to the door.

I swallow hard meeting Bellamy's dark, mysterious eyes.
I'd give a million bucks to read his mind right now.

He licks his lower lip slowly, then subtly shakes his head. "Don't worry about Murphy, he doesn't know what he's saying half the time..."

"Yeah," I awkwardly press hair behind my ear, "don't I know it..."

"Anyway," he puts hands on his hips, "I just want you to know you can talk to me. I'm here if you need me. For... anything."

My throat goes dry as I nod stiffly. "I know."

"Good," he taps my shoulder, then smiles opening the door.

I get out of the room, too many thoughts on my mind - is my Mom O.K.? Did they make it underground? What's gonna happen to us? What's gonna happen to everyone?

———————
End of ch 4.
A slow burn. Are the chapters too short? What are your thoughts?