The Kiss

Bellamy's P.O.V.

I sit frozen in place as she leans in - the entire way - as if uncertain of what she plans to do. Until she finally crashes her lips onto mine.

Instantly then, my hands run up, cupping her head in between them, holding her for dear life.

She opens her mouth and I send my warm tongue inside it, intertwining it and twirling with hers.

She rests her hands onto each side of my ribcage as we pant getting lost in our first kiss.
First real kiss.
And it suddenly feels long overdue.

She then pulls back a little, her lips stretched into a shy smile and a gleam in her green eyes.
"I can't believe I just kissed my best friend," she teases.

I chuckle. "It gets worse."

"Worse how?"

"He's gonna go for it again," I say just before I pull her in for another kiss.

She laughs kissing me back, and I suddenly feel like a teenager again. We haven't felt or acted that way in a very long time.

As a matter of fact, this is the first time ever that I hear her laughing like this, and chuckling with amusement.
And I don't want it to stop.

"Why didn't we do this sooner?" she pulls back a little, looking at me in a way no other girl ever has - expectation and love.
But it doesn't scare me - quite the opposite. I want to live up to her expectations - be a better man to her, for her.

"I don't know, but we have to make up all the lost time," I say, caressing her nose with mine, then landing my lips back onto small pink ones.

Her hands run down to the hem of my shirt and she tucks them in under it, running cold fingers over my naked skin.
"Let's go to my room," she whispers in between kisses.

I have to admit I've been doing a lot of self-control given that this is Clarke that I'm kissing - my little princess.
But I'm not going to argue moving this someplace more private. I want to have her behind closed doors - a room just to ourselves. Finally doing what we should've been doing a long ass time ago.

"Let's."

————
End of ch 8

Err, cliffhanger? Or you know what's about to happen? 🥰🥰