Chapter 36

Nine

"Ehmm...alright..Joong...enou...", I was trying to stop the oncoming kisses, before it turned into something unstoppable. But, his enthusiasm didn't waver a bit, it was almost liked he was having a delirious fever, and I was the medicine. I finally had to turn over my body and went down from the sofa, and laughed while sitting on the floor, looking at my lover who was grunting in frustration, hiding his face on the soft velvet cushion.

"Why?", he asked while sitting up, lips tightened.

"My friend said you needed rest, Joong. He was your doctor, so I need to respect his advice", I said while smiling and caressing the back of his hand to sooth him. Although petulant, Joong didn't push further. "I saw the packed foods at the kitchen counter. You skip meals, didn't you?". Joong was silent, looking everywhere but at me. "Tsk,tsk...shall I nag you, liked you did, once upon a long forgotten time ago, hmm?", I teased him.

"Hah! You haven't eaten too. Admit it! Your skin looked too pale", he retorted back.

"Well, I admit it. But, I have a good reason. After work, I went to look for a giant baby patient, first, before even thinking about having my dinner; who in the end, seemed to have left me. Now, the same patient, seemed to scold me for it". I could see his tight lips loosened to say something, and then closed them again. "What is it, Joong. Just say it, talk to me...".

Joong slide down the sofa and sat facing me. He held both of my hands, and looked at me with such pleading eyes. "Don't leave me, Nine. I'm willing to beg you, again, for any numbers of times; I really couldn't handle it. I left this afternoon, because when you didn't come, I thought you had made an obvious statement, that you didn't want to see me...anymore. I lost you, at last, and felt bitter, that we would go our separate way".

"You did this, because you didn't want the pressure to let you go, fall on me, wasn't it, Joong?".

"Yes. I would rather we separate without saying goodbye, Nine. I would lose myself to have to see you for the last time, knowing that we won't be with each other anymore, once you walked away. But, now that you're here, even if you will just stay for the night, and not going to stay for all the other days; I wanted badly, to savor your last kiss, as much as I can, and you could have me too; body; heart; kisses. But, I will respect your choice, whatever you decide...", Joong said and looked down to our linked hands.

"Alright. I'll stay for tonight. But, just to sleep. It's raining outside, so I couldn't get a taxi to go back that easily". He nodded, but I could see how much he gulped, meaning he was trying to hold back his heartache. His hold on my hand loosen and he was about to stand up. "Oh, where are you going, I've yet to finish", I said and pulled him back to face me. His face showed confusion. "2 days, rest and eat well for 2 days, Joong. I'll come back on the third and you could have me too, body; heart and kisses. I am not a saint, so I couldn't stay with you for 2 nights and not lose my head a bit", I said, smiling while cupping his cheeks.

His eyes widened, and hopeful, but still afraid to show delight. "Nine, don't play around. After the third day, then what?"

"Hmm, it will be an off day for me on the fourth, maybe we could go for a much needed date, staying at home all the time with you would be too...err...tempting? Gosh, always liked this when we didn't see each other for long, isn't it?".

"Date? So, we're not breaking up? Really? Liked, you won't change your mind overnight and said I was just imagining things?".

"But, I need to clear this up, first...". He nodded, ready to listen. "Sometimes, a movie won't end happily. We would think about the ending, and feel it could have been made better. Since we started, I had already warned about saving you from greater pain. So, if you choose to face it, then promise me; no matter how unacceptable the ending is to you, please, don't ever be mad or have regret, and only remember all the wonderful things we had together. Could you do that, hmm, Joong?". He looked at me for a long time. I couldn't decipher that look, whether he agreed with me or thought I was talking nonsense at best.

"Well, 2 days? I really need to build that energy fast, it seems. Might as well start now. Come, Nine, we both need to eat, and then you need to shower, while I stay far away from the bathroom and the bed. This sofa is not bad", I said while thumping the surface.

"What? You're not going to hold me to sleep?", I asked, a little disheartened.

"If I do that, we're not going to last even an hour, baby, trust me, three weeks apart were not easy for me". He said and about to move to the kitchen to reheat the food, at the same time, pushing me to go and take a shower first.

"Nine...", he called before I went into the bedroom, "I could take all version of you; not just this perfect person, but all the weakness too. Maybe, if you trust me more; that I could bear whatever pain you're so afraid of; at least your shoulders won't bear a burden so heavy; a burden that'd made you forgot all the wonderful things first, before I do. Think about it, hmm?". He kissed me lightly, caressed my cheeks and went to the kitchen.

His words, somehow, made me looked back at the way I saw things. Yes, from my side only, without thinking that this Joong was not the one who'd lost me, once upon a time, unexpectedly. This Joong was his own person, more open and matured; well, except when he's being a baby while with me. Time had changed. He was another Joong, in another lifespan. I had forgotten that fact. Maybe, I am the one who was stuck in the same mindset; as the same Angel, who lived in a very, very long lifespan; and that, had made me lose my sight on things.

The Sky

Dromiere

"Come in Areo. You wanted to see me. I'm glad, I am going to ask to see you soon, but when I sense you're in the perimeter, well, what a perfect timing". I was so excited to show him the wonderful thing that had happened just a few hours ago. But then, my eyes were stuck on the burn on his other hands too. "Oh my, that looked like a recent wound, and must be hurtful. What happened? Your right hand had already burnt". I didn't know what cause the burn, but it must be some sort of punishment.

"Dromiere, you said you wanted to see me too? For what reason?"

"Here...looked at this, their silk pattern, it is almost complete. Just a bit more end to tie everything together, and then it will be one of the most complicated but beautiful patterns in my dome!", I said excitedly, rarely such twinning pattern appeared, and from two different being as well. "Oh, wait, Areo, why would you think that the pattern would not be completed? Don't worry...I ...", my words were cut off from his next words.

"Dromiere, you must have read that pattern, and know I was part of that pattern too, isn't it? You're being cheery, to not alarm me...".

I stopped pretending to be excited, and sighed heavily while looking at Areo. "And...you also sensed the reason I search for you". I nodded and looked steadily at him.

"You really going to do that, Areo. There's no other way...". He shook his head, and the decisive eyes really determined. "So, for how long, you wanted me to weave the pattern for him?".

"He is really sharp, Dromiere, you won't have to weave for long...". He sent me a bow, and left without even a trace of regret, to do such a big sacrifice. I took his pattern that had smeared red from before, I must keep this pattern; for this was not a mess, but something abstractly, painfully, beautiful too.