my little sunshine on earth

"Y/N!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!!? WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!!?" Suzaku shouted. Lelouch carried me out of the Ikebukuro station building. "Me...and Shirley got attacked...." "ATTACKED?!!? Wait!? Where's Shirley?!!?" "...." Lelouch and me stayed quiet. And I could help but let out my sad yelps and hot tears. "Who did this to you?!" "I don't remember....I woke up and all I felt was pain and I was alone with Shirley...Lelouch found us a few minutes after awaking..."

'Of course I remember who attacked us but....I have my reasons for not saying.'

"I should have found them sooner...and now Shirley is-!" "Lelouch...Here, let me take Y/N...we need to get her patched up."

Lelouch passed my aching pain filled body over to my knight and Suzaku took me to the hospital. Where they patched me up and had me rest for a day.

———————————————————

I laid in my hospital bed looking out the window of the sea blue sky. Suzaku never left my side even if it's been a day. "You know-!" "JUST WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!!?" "Huh?" "JUST WHAT WERE YOU THINKING GOING IN THERE?!!? YOU GOT SHOT IN YOUR LEGS AND WAIST!! WHAT IS IT ABOUT ALMOST DYING AND GETTING INTO TROUBLE THAT DRAWS YOU SO MUCH??!!! REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID?!!?? OUR PROMISE?!!!" "I DID IT CAUSE I WAS WORRIED FOR YOU!!! SHIRLEY TOO!!!" "ALL YOU TWO HAD WERE MERE HAND GUNS!!! WHAT GOOD CAN YOU DO WITH JUST SMALL FIRE ARMS !!??"

I quickly with one swoop, pushed the vase of flowers and water off the desk and hearing the sound of it shattering to pieces onto the hard floor and the water trickling. That's how quiet the room was... so quiet you're practically able to hear the water trickling into the grooves of the tiled floor.

"I know I'm weak... I hear you...loud and clear...I'm weak... I was worried about you I just had a sense that something bad was going to happen and all I could do was think of you...." "what?...." "you saw her body... but I was there to witness her dying moments....my twin sister died.... my older brothers died...my older sister is off the radar...and now the girl that I grew to see as an older sister is dead....also... what I'm saying is that, I COULDN'T LOOSE YOU!! I JUST COULDN'T"

"You could always get another knight. Like Gino or Anya. Your close with them-!" "THATS NOT IT, I COULDN'T I JUST COULDN'T CAUSE-....BECAUSE!!! ITS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!!!" "Wait...." 'just what was I saying?! I swore to myself I wouldn't-!' "I LOVE YOU IVE LOVED YOU FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW!!! AFTER A MONTH OR TWO OF KNOWING YOU I GREW THESE FEELINGS FOR YOU!!! AND I HATE MYSELF FOR IT!!"

"You hate yourself?..."

"OF COURSE YOU IDIOT!!! I HATE MYSELF BECAUSE YOU LOVE EUPHY!!! YOU LOVED HER SOO MUCH! HOW COULD I POSSIBLY BE SOMEONE TO YOU WHEN YOU FELL FOR MY TWIN!!! IM NOT EUPHY!! I FEARED THAT YOU WOULD ONLY SEE EUPHY WHEN YOU LOOKED AT ME!!! I FEARED I WAS TAKING YOU FROM EUPHY!!! I FEARED THAT YOU WOULD GET HURT BY ME!!! I FEARED-! M-MMNPH!!"

I felt a warm pressure on my lips. It took me a moment to realize but when I did the moment was over. "Did you just-?" I heavily stuttered on my words. "Yes I did. I kissed you. It's strange... I fell for Euphy so quickly... and the same with you, well at first it was kind of me trying to pacify myself by being with you. But it didn't take long to fall for who you were as a person. Your Humor, your love for knowledge, will to fight for what you believe, your acceptance, your smile, your tears, your clumsiness, that 'not taking your bs' look when someone speaks bad of the Japanese. And that adorable glint that you have every time you find something you like. I grew to love everything about you. Whenever you cry. It makes me angry. It makes me think I failed. That I couldn't protect your smile. Whenever your injured it makes me sad that I didn't go to medical school and try to become your doctor. I want to be your shield. I knew you for over a year. I learned everything about you and I want to keep learning about you....I don't just accept those feelings of yours....I adore those feelings of yours. I- I'm completely under your spell...Your not weak...your just, you...."