𝓬𝓱. 2

"WELCOME eri

"WELCOME eri. my name is yua, you can call me your onē-san if you'd like", yua smiled.

the little girl hid behind chisaki's leg. she hesitantly stepped out with a little push from chisaki. he bent down and looked at eri.

"be a good girl for yua now. we'll be visiting from time to time", chisaki said as he got up to leave.

yua bent down so that she was eye-level with eri. the little girl was scared, that was easy to tell.

after almost 15 years of training to be a geisha, yua got observant of people's moods and feelings. it was part of her job, as geishas were supposed to make sure that the customers left happy and wanted to come back again.

"eri", yua's smooth voice called out. she reached towards the little girl's hair, making eri flinch.

yua retracted her hand, wondering what has made her so fearful of human contact.

"are you hungry?? would you like to eat?"

eri slowly nodded her head. yua offered her hand out to the little girl, to which she reluctantly grabbed on. yua led eri to a plain room with many tables and mats.

"this is where we eat. if you ever feel hungry, just let us know", yua said as she grabbed a tray of teacups and a teapot.

setting it on the table, yua also grabbed some steamed buns that were on the higher countertop.

"eat up. we have many lessons to start today", yua smiled.

eri just nodded as she grabbed a steamed bun. eating like a rabbit, yua laughed. eri was very cute and yua knew that they would get along just fine.

"t-thank you", eri meekly said.

"come on now. we've got some things to buy", yua said, extending her hand out for eri to grab.

this time, eri held yua's hand more willingly. walking out of the tea house, both girls walked towards a fabric store.

"oh! good morning yua!!", the old woman called out from the counter.

"good morning tadako-san!"

"oh? and who do we have here??", tadako asked, smiling at little eri. eri latched onto yua's kimono. yua currently wasn't wearing her geisha makeup or expensive kimonos, so it was easier to hold onto her clothing.

"this is eri, our new little maiko. she's just starting today, and I want to get her some kimonos first", yua explained. she patted eri's head, making eri loosen her grip.