011 | laughs in i've completed the book

a fortress guards her heart

THE NEXT DAY OF THEIR training camp had arrived

THE NEXT DAY OF THEIR training camp had arrived. The morning sang with beautiful harmony the sun smiled down at its people, the birds chirped blithely, and the breeze waved heartily, providing music to the dancing leaves. All in all, it was a marvellous morning, one filled with bliss and tranquillity.

Mizuki Sayeko, on the other hand, was far from serenity. The girl felt like death itself.

Due to the encounter between herself and her soulmate, Mizuki hardly slept. Her mind was busy with overwhelming thoughts and the resurfacing of past memories she vigorously tried to bury. Her soulmate occupied the majority of her thoughts; his alluring blue eyes popped up whenever she shut hers, his messy black hair a dark contrast to herslooked so soft and she had this strange desire to run her fingers through it.

Mizuki hated those thoughts. Absolutely despised them.

Not an ounce of sleep blessed her throughout the night. Alongside a weary sigh, Mizuki left the minimum comfort provided by her futon, beginning the day with heavy eyes. She walked straight past the other managers, and a knocked out Saeko, a blank expression painted across her face. Mizuki hadn't bothered to make an effort to talk to the other females; instead, she opted to finish reading the novel she brought with her.

Kiyoko, who had been conversing with the manager from Shinzen, caught sight of the pained expression that briefly passed through her best friend's eyes. She frowned, her eyebrows furrowing in concern as Mizuki practically stormed out of the room. Something is bothering her, she realised. Kiyoko exhaled deeply, concluding not to bring it up at the moment. She knew her best friend didn't appreciate people prying into her own business. The only thing she could do at the moment was observe her carefully and make sure that nothing was fatally wrong.

"You alright?" The dark-haired beauty was brought out of her thoughts by Kaori Suzumeda, the third-year manager from Fukurōdani. Kiyoko nodded, her lips curling into a reassuring smile.

"Did you guys hear~?" Yuki Shirofuku, the second third-year manager at Fukurōdani, popped up beside them, a sly smile spread across her face. She laid her head on Kaori, essentially curling around the girl like a snake. "Bokuto and Akaashi found their fourth soulmate," she informed, the new information surprising her soulmate.

"Seriously?"

Yukie nodded.

"He hasn't stopped talking about her," she explained, turning towards her new friend, "and apparently she goes to your school." Kiyoko clutched the blanket in her arms closer. There were only two other girls that came from Karasuno, one of which belonged to her.

Worry burgeoned within her. She turned to look at the door Mizuki left through, her teeth gently pulling her bottom lip between them.

"Mizuki," she muttered.