35 . Gᴜᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ Aɴɢᴇʟ [FINAL CHAPTER]

[DESHAWN RUSSEL]

It has been almost two days since I've been here and the doctors kept on telling me that he had improved over the time and all he had to do wake up. He was no longer depending on that oxygen mask that covered half his face anymore.

Trust me, it was real progress.

I continued to hold his hand as he laid down. I just wanted him to wake up and at the same time, I wanted to sleep. I rested my head on the bed from where I was seated. The smell of bleach and other cleaning agents from the sheets made me cringe.

Nonetheless, I laid down beside him. I haven't rested in a long time and I'm finally paying the price. My head was throbbing,  like every beat my heart took, I could felt the side effects in my head. My eyes were sleepy but I couldn't leave.

I wanted to be there for him when he woke up. His parents went to the vending machine down the passage to get something to drink and will soon return.

I nuzzled my head in his side trying to get some of his warmth since I wore a thin shirt and the Air conditioner was on. I was still holding onto his arms. I wanted him to say something. I wanted to have a conversation and laugh again. I hate seeing him like this. I hate seeing him without any expression.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I miss his deadly glares. I miss him shouting at me when I touch his stuff when he's cooking. I miss everything.

“Babe. Please wake up, you've been gone so long. Please don't go.” I couldn't stop it. Even if I was getting emotional, I couldn't stop it. I wanted him.

I wanted him here.

I felt something, tugged and tightened, squeezing the hell out my palms. My heart jumped I thought he woke up but his face was still stoic. He was still asleep which meant eyes closed which also meant that he was definitely not awake.

You know what Shawn, you are hallucinating, maybe you really need that rest after all.

I felt it again.

The squeeze.

Shawn I swear to God!

I looked down on my hands and I wasn't wrong. His hand was indeed holding mine in a firm grip. I even raised my hands in the air just be sure and I was right.

I was holding his, he was holding mine. My baby was holding me! I was so ecstatic. I grabbed the buzzer and immediately alerted the nurses.

He was coughing loudly and them his eyes opened.

I flinched.

His eyes.

They were no longer light brown, but almost hazel. It's pretty but I'll get used to it.

I pulled him in a warm long hug, showering his face with kisses.

“I'm so happy that you are awake babe. I was so worried.”

I held onto his hands, rubbing them soothingly. Be sheepishly smiled but that's all I wanted 

“I know. I'm okay. I would've kissed you back but my mouth feels and taste weird.”