Three - Not A Church Wedding?

"Vicar!"

Outside the large building, Margaret darted through the crowd towards the man wearing the smart black outfit complete with the symbolic white dog collar. Also adding to his attire was a golden chain with a cross, and thickly rimmed glasses upon his nose. His hair was silver and shining. Being a very down-to-earth man meant he was easy to converse with, which eased any tension people may feel talking to a vicar. Margaret always enjoyed her little chats with him.

"Ah, good afternoon, Margaret," he smiled as she reached him.

"I just wanted to say that was a lovely service," Margaret complimented him, adjusting her handbag strap by the crook of her elbow. "There's something about The Good Samaritan story which hits home every time I think of it. It's so important to help people, wouldn't you agree?"

The Vicar gave a kind smile. "Thank you, Margaret. Yes, it's definitely an important story we can all take advice from and follow. That's the beauty of doing God's work in our everyday actions and words, and having him by our side in our lives."

"I couldn't agree more," Margaret nodded solemnly. "Speaking of helping others, there's something I wish to ask you. I was wondering what your opinion on gay marriage is, if you don't mind my asking?"

"Well, I believe that God made us all in his image; created by his hands as he wished us to be. That must be celebrated and welcomed. I accept and support all who will do the same for Christ."

"My next door neighbour's daughter is to be married in June. It's two girls hoping to tie the knot, you see," Margaret continued, lowering her voice. "I thought this church would be suitable and that you'd do a fine job of bringing them together in holy matrimony."

"Well, summer is usually a busy time for weddings, but if the girls come visit me and we discuss it, I'm sure we could arrange something."

Margaret's face lit up. "Brilliant! Thank you so much, Vicar. I'll tell them the wonderful news and get back to you."

With a spring in her step and a smile upon her face, Margaret walked through the graveyard to the car park, where she unlocked the car with the key Peter had given her, and sat down to wait for him whilst he helped wash up in the church kitchen. Margaret always grew tired of waiting for Peter, and had opted to sit in the car as a form of protest in the hopes he'd finish up a little quicker.

Twenty minutes later, she spotted Peter making his way to the car.

"Sorry to keeping you waiting," Peter apologised as he opened the door. After fastening his seat belt, Margaret handed him the key which he placed in the ignition, turning it until the car rumbled to life.

"That's alright," Margaret responded, her face still decorated with her smile.

Peter gave her a quick glance. "You're smiling a lot. Did you enjoy the service?" he asked, finding the right gear and reversing out of the bay.

"I spoke to the vicar, and he'd be more than happy to let Roberta and Jemelin get married in the church."

Peter looked uncomfortable as he shifted into first gear and made his way out of the car park. "Margaret, you shouldn't have done that. I thought you said Jemelin didn't want a church wedding."

"Of course she wants a church wedding, it's not a proper wedding if it isn't in a church," Margaret snapped, opening the sun visor and checking her lipstick. "I'll get the girls on board in no time. They'll be so thankful that they'll HAVE to invite us to the wedding."

~*~*~*~

It was late Monday morning, and Robbie woke up to find herself alone in her double bed. With a groan, she reluctantly rolled out of bed, slipped into the bathroom to quickly brush her teeth, and then sleepily made her way down the stairs to find her fiancée.