Chapter 47

I sighed as my mother looked at her opponents. "You know blindfolded I may have to talk."

She shrugged. "Get Toni to."

I clicked my tongue. "He's blind too."

She giggled. "Well you may have to figure that out then."

I pouted. "If need be, pull it, but I doubt it."

She glanced at them again. "As do I."

I took out the cloth and began to tie it around her head. "Hey, what's that for?"

Toni chuckled. "We believe in a fair fight, this evens the odds."

Mr. Valencia frowned. "Is that so?"

Xavier smiled politely. "If needed we'll remove our handicap. It's no disrespect to you, just how we train."

He looked at me. "You sure about this." I gave him a cool gaze and nodded. There was an appreciation in his eyes. "As you please."

I tapped my mom's shoulder and she took the center without guidance. Xavier came to stand beside me and we crossed our leaning towards each other to observe. As our my mother stood relaxed her opponent looked cocky, a minimum height woman, no muscle tone of note. She struck out and blinked when she missed.

As she kept attempting to attack, Mom easily dodged her a small smile on her lips. "She's sloppy..."

Xavier nodded. "Swinging wildly, wide opening to counter."

I shook my head. "How can they defend themselves like this?"

He shrugged. "Not our concern."

Aurora came up to my other side. "She tires easily as well." Our mother grabbed the woman's wrist, finally going on the attack and easily tossed her out of bounds. Placing her hands behind her back, she waited for the next.

I glanced at the Alpha and his son, both very displeased. "Hopefully with this they will learn."

Aurora looked at me thoughtfully. "We are learning as well."

I nodded and watched as the next was dispensed as easily as the first. I whistled and my mother froze mid attack and returned her hands behind her back, while dodging the next blow aimed at her head. I looked at my Uncle. "They either need to find better fighters or another handicap."

He thought a moment and went to talk to Mr. Valencia. He turned to me. "Handicap." I nodded and my brother handed me a rope.

I walked over to my mother and circled her. "Another handicap." I clicked my tongue. She smiled. "Whatever you wish." I nodded and tied one of hands behind her.

I took the other and signed into it. "Would you like the other?" She shook her head. "I'm taking your weapons." She nodded. "Don't lose."

I stooped and removed the knives at her calves and waist. She bowed her head. "I won't."

I handed them to Aurora who stowed them in her jacket. "Still too easy." I side-eyed her and returned my attention to the fight. The last three were easily dealt with and I frowned. "What do you want to do?"

I pursed my lips. "I don't like an unfair competition."

My mom slipped her ropes and removed her blindfold. "Maybe others should..."

I shook my head and looked at who was next. "Maybe they were going easy on you. Continue as planned."

Toni smirked as I brought over the blindfold. "They look tough." I rolled my eyes. "You'll do the same if it's too easy I'm sure."