Chapter 3

Benny's POV

I'll be honest, June's cousin is really nice. I think, or I at least hope, she will enjoy her time here. From what I can tell, she was already having a great time. Then again, I don't know Nancy that well. I just met her a few hours ago. She was smiling and laughing so I assumed she was having fun.

Nancy's smile stayed on her face even after the game had ended. It stayed on when we all went to a local diner to get milkshakes. That was something we sometimes did after games. We thought today would be a good day to do it because of Nancy's arrival. It would help her see more of our town.

We got to the diner and split up. We always did that. We always sat with the same people every time. The only difference was that Ham sat with Nancy, sat with only Nancy. Everyone else stayed in their usual groups or pairings. Smalls sat with DeNunez and Bertram, Squints sat with Yeah-Yeah, Timmy sat with Tommy, and I sat with June.
"So I think everyone is getting along with Nancy," I said to June.
"Yeah me too! I think everything is going to be great," she replied with a excited grin.
"Bitchin," I said.
"You say that all the time," she remarked.
"I don't!" I countered.
June playfully rolled her eyes and laughed. "Yes you do!"
"Shut up!" I laughed along with her.
"You know I'm right," she teased me.
"Sure," I said sarcastically.
June suddenly tilted her head and looked past me.
"What are you looking at?" I asked.
"Nancy and Ham, they are getting along really well," she snickered. "I think they already have feelings for each other," she added.
I raised a eyebrow. "You think they could end up being a thing?"
"I think it's possible. I will keep you updated on the Nancy and Ham love story," she giggled.
"Thanks," I laughed. The two of us sat there laughing like idiots.

"One thing you need to know Nance," June started saying as we left the diner, "Benny and Smalls will be walking home with us because Benny lives across the street and Smalls is our neighbor." Nancy simply smiled and nodded as a reply. We all walked home together and said our goodbyes. I crossed the street and watched June go inside her home with Nancy by her side. I knew today was the start of a great summer.

Author's Note: Chapter 3!! This is the first chapter from Benny's POV. I honestly found it a lot harder to write from his POV. That's probably why this chapter is a little shorter than the previous ones. I hope you enjoyed this chapter despite that! 😊❤️
Like usual, I did proofread but if you come across any typos please let me know! 👍