Chapter 3

I walked into my childhood home and hollered out for my mom or dad. No answer. Hm. They might be at work still. I headed to the kitchen counter to go through the mail still being sent to this address. Just junk mail like credit card companies and crap. Throwing the mail away, I looked into the fridge. I grabbed a Mountain Dew and a peach yogurt. I went an sat in the living room on the sofa and turned on the television. My favorite show The Walking Dead was showing reruns from season one. Engrossed in my show, I didn't hear the car pull up the driveway, nor did I hear the little click of the door knob being turned as someone entered the house. After it went to commercial, I picked up my empty yogurt container and my spoon and headed into the kitchen.
"Aleigha." I turned at the sudden voice. It was a man with tan skin and short hair, like a buzz cut. His steel grey eyes burned as he looked me up an down. The man was about 6'2", but I had never seen him before.
"I-I'm sorry, but who are you? And how did you get in here?"
He ignore my question and continued to look at me. Once his eyes traveled back up to my face, I saw the predatory gleam in his eyes.
"At last I found you again, my sweet Aleigha. I've looked for you for so long. I've missed you."
The breath caught in my throat as I made sense of his word.
"What? I don't know you. Who are are? What do you mean you found me? What are you doing in this house? This is private property. Leave before I call the police."
He chuckled low in his throat. He looked menacingly at me. His smile disappeared he tried to grab for me but I grabbed a rolling pin from the counter and smacked him upside the head with it.
I heard him cursing at me as I ran away. I ran outside and into my car. I locked the doors and pulled my cell phone out of my pocket. I dialed 911 an explained what happened. I called my parents right after. My parents will be here just after the police. I stayed in my car until I saw the lights. I jumped out as they got out of their own vehicle.
"He's in there. He tried to grab me. He broke in." I kept rambling as they both headed inside and drew their guns. Not even five minutes later, they both came out and said they didn't see anyone. The house was empty.