Chapter 14

The ambulance took Jesse away to the hospital. The paramedics checked me out an took swabs from inside me.
After I was allowed to leave, I went to the hospital to find Jesse. I ran to the nurses desk and asked for Jesse.
The nurse typed on her keyboard. She smiled at me sadly.
"Let me find the on duty doctor."
5 minutes later she returned with a doctor and he led me to a quiet corner.
"What's your relationship to Mr. Hill?"
"I'm his fiancée."
He smiled sadly. "Miss, I so sorry, but we couldn't do anything for him. The paramedics tried everything in the ambulance and I myself worked on him. There wasn't anything we could do. I'm so sorry for your lose." I slid down the wall and cried. I looked up at the doctor.
"Can I see him?"
He nodded. He led me down a series of hallways and we came in front of a door.
He opened the door and stepped away and walked back down the halls.
~~~~~~~~~~~
My mom helped me plan the funeral for Jesse. I stood in the cemetery and looked down into where Jesse's body would lay forever. The service ended and I walked back to my car. I drove home an went to bed. I changed the sheets and bedding but it still smelled like Jesse. I cried myself to sleep.
I awoke to the phone ringing.
"Hello?"
"Miss. Williams. This is detective Milton. I'm working on the man who attacked you and Mr. Hill. Are you sure you didn't know this man?"
"No. Apart from my parents home when he broke in, I've never saw him before."
"We have DNA results and a family tree, everything to try to disprove this, but this man is your uncle. The one who supposedly died in 1990."
I gasped. "What? He didn't look like his pictures. No. It can't be true."
"Miss, we called your parents in here to ID the body. It is indeed your uncle."
I thanked him and quickly hung up. I ran out to my car an drive to my parents. I burst through the door and found my mother in the living room.
"I was raped my uncle? The one who died in 1990? What the hell mom! Why did you tell me?"
I calmed down after a minute and sat beside her on the couch. She told me everything.
"He did die. Or we thought he did. We buried why we thought was his body I the cemetery we were at yesterday."
She told me how when I was 3-5 my uncle molested me. She found him in my room in the middle of the night. She threw him out and punched him. She never saw him after that. The police said he died of a car accident and he was so badly mutilated that they had to have a closed casket so no one actually saw the body. She had her fears when I described the man I saw in their house, but she convinced herself otherwise.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you."