Chapter 16

Standing in front of the glossy red door, I started feeling really nervous. Jesse has been dead for many months and today I decided to come see his parents. I knocked in the door and heard footsteps coming closer.
"Aleigha. oh honey it's so nice to see you." She gave me a hug, her eyes tearing up as she looked down at my baby bump.
"Elise, can I come in and talk to you and David? I have something to tell you both." I smiled to let her know it wasn't bad news. She held onto my arm as I waddled my way to the couch in the living room. David was sitting in the recliner. He smiled as he saw me and switched of the television. We exchange greetings and they both waited to her what I had to tell them.
"A while back, Jesse and I jokingly decided on a baby name, in case I ever got pregnant. An I know he'd want you guys to hear it. Her name is Margaret Jessie Hill. Maggie for short." As I said her name, she kicked my hand. I smiled and looked up at their faces. They were both crying.
"That's lovely dear. How'd you guys choose it?"
"Jesse wanted Maggie, Margaret, and after he died I chose Jessie as the middle name. So she can always have a part of her father, aside from her grandparents." They both smiled at me and Crüe at the same time.
"Honey that would mean so much to him."
"I know. I also changed my last name to Hill. I don't know how, but a couple months after the funeral, a request for last name change came in the mail. I knew Jesse did it somehow." I started crying and his mom came over and held me and we cried together.
After the tears stopped, I looked up at his dad, who had also been crying, and he said, "Welcome to the family, Aleigha. And Margaret."