Chapter 12

I woke up with the taste of bile in my throat. I felt dizzy and tried to get the bathroom, but I was trapped under Jesses arm. I hurriedly shove his arm off and raced to the bathroom.
I slammed the bathroom down and made it to the toilet just in time. I puked until there was nothing left in my stomach. Shaking, I rinsed my mouth out and made my way back to bed.
"Babe. Are you okay? Are you sick?"
I sat down feeling sick again.
"I don't know babe. I feel so awful." I groaned. Feeling a little better I got up and got a glass of orange juice and dry toast hoping it would calm my stomach.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
(2 weeks later)
I woke up and ran for the toilet like I had every morning for the past 2 weeks.
"Babe," Jesse said as I came out of the bathroom. "You need to see a doctor. I'm getting really concerned."
"Wait, what? 2 weeks. No. That's impossible. It can't be."
Jesse liked at me concerned.
He eye grew wide like he understands what I'm freakin out about.
"Babe, are you pregnant?"
"I-I might be." I lowered my head.
"Baby. Don't be sad. That's amazing news. I'll run to the drugstore and get you a test. Eat some dry toast. I'll get you some ginger ale too." His kissed my forehead and pulled on jeans and a shirt.
Jesse came back 20 minutes later with the test. I ran to the bathroom to take it.
We waited for 3 minutes for the result.
I couldn't process the little pink plus sign.
Jesse kissed my temple and hugged me. I looked up and smile at him.
"Baby, I'm pregnant! Oh my gosh!" I felt so happy that we were starting our family.
We sat and talked about everything.
"Babe, I'm going to move my office into a corner of the living room. That room can be the baby's room."
I called my parents, texted Jess a picture of the test and Jesse called his parents. They were all so excited and happy to hear the news. Our joyful moment was ruined when the front door crashed open.