Chapter 10

"Baby. Wake up."
"No. Get off me! Get off me, you bastard."
"Baby. It's me. I'm here. Open your eyes."
i opened my eyes and saw Jesse leaning over me. I jumped in his arms and threw my arms around his neck.
"Oh, Jesse. It was horrible. H-he tried to-" I burst out crying. Jesse held me in his arms while I sobbed.
"I'm here baby. It was only a nightmare."
I pulled away from him and sat on the bed.
"In my dream, he caught me this time. He pushed me against a wall and raped me. Babe, it felt so real. I ca still feel his hand on the side of my head. I can feel my scalp pounding where he yanked my hair back."
"Oh baby. I so sorry." Jesse pulled me back into his arms.
"Jesse," I pushed him away a few inches to look at his face. "I know who the man is in my dreams. I knew it the second I heard his voice. It's the man that broke into my parents house. He was the one in all my dreams. The man seemed so familiar, babe. How? I've never met him before in my life."
I kept rambling.
"Babe. Come on. Let's go into the kitchen. We can make tea to calm your nerves."
"Okay. Maybe that'll help."
We walked in the kitchen and he put the kettle on the stove with hot water in it. He pulled down two mugs and put a tea bag in each. The water started steaming and he pulled it off the stove and pour some water in each mug.
"Thanks."
He sat beside me and put sugar in my tea and his. We sat and drank I silence for a few minutes.
"Are you okay, sweetie?"
"Yea, babe. I'm fine. Still shaken up. I'm a little scared still."
"I know babe. But we can figure it out."
We heard the door knob rattle and I froze. Jesse went to the bedroom and grabbed a baseball bat. He strode to the front door and pulled the chain and opened it.
"Who's there?"
No answer.
"I said who's there!" Jesse said more forcefully.
I could faintly her a voice say, "You can't hide her from me for long. I'll get her. Good luck stopping me."
Jesse cursed at him. he pulled the chain out an stepped over the threshold. I heard footsteps run toward the stairs. Jesse came back inside after trying to chase after him. He came in the kitchen breathing heavily.
I sat frozen to my seat, my eyes wide, gripping the mug.
"Baby. It's okay. I'm going to protect you. Don't worry."
He came over and kissed my forehead. I nodded my head. We sat at the table all night. I knew he was coming back for me. Tears rolled down my face. Once the sobs started, I couldn't stop it.