Chapter 025

A bucket of cold water was dunked above Erik's unconscious body that regained it's senses after being splashed with freezing water.

He gasped and was surprised to see the changes in his surroundings. His eyes silently scanned the area he was in, which didn't look pretty. A little lamp above him was the only source of light here, the rest was covered with darkness. His wrists were handcuffed and his clothes were now sticking onto his skin due to the water being splashed onto him.

"Finally, you're awake"

Erik turned to his left side and spotted a man appear from the darkness and step into the light with his hands inside his pockets, wearing a very luxurious suit along with a weird smirk.

"Well well well blowing up your station wasn't enough to keep you down I guess. You have been very annoying recently my lovely Erik, you know that right?"

"The fuck are you talking about?"

Erik was genuinely confused. He already realized that Sergey was behind the bombing of his previous station, behind the countless crimes and driving the people insane with fear. But what confused Erik was that he's been annoying; he hasn't even met him once, how is he annoying if he hasn't done anything to him in particular.

He simply wasn't making sense.

"You're not a dumb person Erik. I know that for a fact. What I mean by my comment is, you stole what's mine, you ruined my plan and you're investigating my ass trying to put me in jail, which won't happen by the way just to clarify, you're just so annoying"

"Sergey, you were a good man. What happend?"

Erik noticed how Sergey's naughty smirk was replaced with a rather forced one. He wasn't as threatening looking as he did a few seconds ago.

"Injustice happend, and I'm here to show it to the people"

"You do realize that killing innocents and killing me won't bring your dead wife and children back right? You're just creating more trauma for yourself, instead of healing you want to become a monster and bring fear to everybody"

Sergey slowly approached the tied detective, he lowered his head and was staring deeply into his eyes before smirking again.

"It's not about bringing fear, it's about showing the people what kind of justice system Russia has"

"Your wife and children were killed by-!"

"I know the fucker who did it! He's already wasted!"

Sergey tightly grabbed Erik's collar and was glaring right into his soul. He was showing a side of him that could scare any living being, those eyes were filled with pain and rage and Erik knew that his man has been living a life of pain.

"I've tried to warn you but you're one stubborn man"

"The Justice system failed you, I understand how you feel but taking the lives of innocent people isn't the way to go. They did nothing to you, why keep doing it?"