Prologue

Kayla watched him sleep peacefully, his broad chest rising softly with every breath.

She traced his chest with the tip of her fingers and smiled involuntarily as he shied away unconsciously. Little things he did that drove her nuts in love with him.

"Baby" she crooned softly and grabbed his head,planting a flush kiss on his mouth.

"Uhh.. Kayla don't pull me outta my sleep" He grunted and she smiled.

"Well you should be awake by now if we're gonna make it to the beach in three hours"

She got off the bed, making quite a fuss about it so he could wake up.

"Kayla.. Stop it!" He groaned, hitting the bed dramatically.

"Get up sleepyhead. You should get an award for sleeping so much, you know" She teased and he finally opened his eyes.

"Heyy darling" She drawled and winked seductively,plopping down beside him on the bed.

She ran a hand through his braided hair and buried her face in his neck.

"Had a good night sleep?" He asked and she nodded.

His phone rang, startling them.

He rolled over and picked it, holding it to his ear.

She stood up and went into the bathroom.

Minutes later, he joined her and told her their friends would be in twenty minutes.

" You see why I was trying to get you to move your ass?" She smirked and he slapped her head playfully.

"Chicken" He tsk-ed and wound his arms around her waist.

"I love you baby" He muttered affectionately and she smiled.

They had been together for almost two interesting years. None of their friends, homies or whatever you prefer, had dated up to that long.

Two years of being in love, two years of experiencing life at both its sweetest and hardest. Kayla had lost her Dad and had only her mom and her brother, Juan, to look after her.

Jay had graduated college and was working in a jewelry company with an handsome pay.

Next week was their anniversary and as a form of celebration, Jay had invited his friends that were by now, their friends over to spend two weeks with them at the beach and from the look of things, it was promising to be fun.

Fun... But was that the word?

Kayla looked up into his eyes as his fingers tangled in her nappy hair,softly stroking her scalp.

"I love you more than you can ever imagine" she replied solemnly and they shared a kiss.

Kayla set to rearranging his bag, he had messed it up the night before while he was looking for his studs.

In twenty minutes, they were ready and waiting for their friends. They talked about how much fun they would have. Kayla was so excited. This was going to be a life saving and not to say romantic break from hectic school work.

She closed her eyes, resting her head on his shoulder.

A knock on the room door made her eyes flip open and Jay's crossed over to her.

"You're ready?"

Heyyy..I see the look of expectation on your face.. Lmao

*This is the only chapter im writing in the third person POV.
I'd write each person's POV if I have to.*

Vote after each chapter and  follow me if you don't mind.. I haven't got much followers.

Love__Crowner