SIX

Kayla's POV

My eyes had difficulty adjusting to the darkness around me. The air was warmer than usual and smelled of chemicals.

My banging head rested against the chair I was tied up in..

Tied up?!

I wiggled helplessly but nothing budged not even a sound was made.

"Help!" I screamed beneath the tape on my mouth and then choked on the stuffy, fume filled air.

What was going on? How come I couldn't remember how I got here?

Tears trickled down my cheeks as I thought of Jay.. He would be so worried.

I wanted to scream again but I couldn't risk dragging in the smoky air again so I breathed slowly, feeling weaker and weaker.

Suddenly, light flooded the little  enclosure I was in and I saw it.

I was in a closet.

I looked up, my eyes stinging from the light and I saw him grinning down at me.

"Hey baby" He muttered. I almost peed my pants as I remembered how I got here.

He stepped further into the room a bottle in his gloved hands. His smile grew and I cringed in my seat. My arms were hurting.

More tears rolled down my cheeks and he made haste to wipe them.

"Don't cry my love, we're together now... I won't hurt you if you cooperate but I know you would."

He peeled the tape off my mouth and I prepared to scream when he plopped the bottle into my mouth and the content dribbled down my throat. It gave a severe burning sensation and I coughed, choking repeatedly. My chest constricted and I struggled for air.

He patted my back slowly and I got my breath back.

I jerked his hands off and tried to yell bad words at him but all that came out was air.. I couldn't make a single sound.

No no no!!!

He stooped to my eye level and grinned affectionately at me.

"There's no one else between us now.. Jay will leave soon and Kate is dead."

My eyes widened at the information. I didn't like Kate but no!

I narrowed my eyes at him. I knew it was all his fault. It was him.. He killed Leo too.

If only I had my voice then I'd ask him what he wanted.

"Don't look at me like that my love, I had to. She was about to mess with you and I couldn't imagine you suffering  for what I did. I know you understand."

He kept calling me 'my love'. I felt so lost.

If anyone would just come in so I can ask...

Was Lewis drunk?

                  * * * * * * *

Three days later.

Lamar's POV

Lewis had stayed in his room since Kate's body was found and buried in the town cemetery because he claimed he didn't know her family.

I felt extremely sorry for him. I couldn't imagine losing Candace.

I was sorry for Jay too. He had become unusually quiet and withdrawn. The police couldn't come up with a plausible idea of what had happened to Kayla.

Candace told me she suspected Jon but I knew he wouldn't. He was a bad boy, player and womanizer but he couldn't hurt a bug. We'd been friends for years now.

I racked my brain all night, trying hard to think about who could have killed Kate and kidnapped Kayla but nothing came up.

Maybe it wasn't one person. Maybe it was a team people but if they were, what was that aim?

We're they just killing for fun or what? There was no pattern to the killings.

I got up and walked outside to the balcony for fresh air. It was past midnight and everywhere was quiet.

I sighed and looked up to the dark sky.. Thinking of nothing in particular when I heard a loud bang.

I started and stared around. The officers had retired for the night.

I cautiously approached the parlor and saw no one around.

I smoothed my heartbeat and decided to go back to the room when I heard a bang again. This time from Lewis' room, my heart twisted and I hoped he wasn't resulting to self injury to cope with his loss.

I knocked lightly on his door and everything went silent so I went back to mine and locked the door.

I got it bed with Candace and cuddled her before closing my eyes.

Hopefully, tomorrow would be different.

                     * * * * * * *
Jay's POV

It's been three days since Kayla had gone missing and there was still no clue on what to do and how we could find her. Not a single hint!.

Flashback
I gripped my phone and dropped it for the last time. What if she doesn't pick? What if she does and didn't want anything to do with me?..

My heart was beating a bit faster than normal but it's been that way since I met Kayla, Juan's sister.

After dropping Elaine off that day, I had walked her to the door to make sure she was safe.

She rang the doorbell and I was about to walk away and head home when the door swung open and I heard a sweet voice give a low scream. I turned back to see a very beautiful brown skinned girl.

Her eyes were blue, it was unusual and I had heard of it but I had never seen someone with it.

She smiled at me and I waved a little too much than the situation called for.

She dragged Elaine in and slammed the door. I had stood for minutes staring at the door and wondering what just happened.

She was by far the prettiest girl I have ever met and I made up my mind to talk to her.

I liked her.

End of flashback

After then, I had pestered Elaine for her number before I finally got it.
We started dating a month after our first date.

I wiped the tears and blew my nose noisily.

I missed her a lot.. I was so frustrated and desperate.. I wanted her back.

"Kayla!" I muttered, the mention of her name bringing fresh tears to my eyes.

Ahem!

Who's shocked to find out the killer is no one to her than Lewis.

Pls no one should say he couldn't have killed Kate. It's clear he never loved her and all they did was "fuck and fight"

How would Kayla get out of the closet with her voice gone now?

Stay tuned ❤️