FIFTEEN

Jay's POV

I walked towards kayla's house, hoping the plan had worked. The doctor, Juan's friend had said she'd probably get her voice back in the face of a conflict and so Juan and I had staged a fight at the hospital.

Poor Kayla. I knew she'd be feeling terrible and I couldn't live with that so I needed to see her.

I stood for almost ten minutes before her mom answered the door and pulled me into a warm hug. I took off my jacket, damp from the receding rains outside and hung it.

"She's in her room" Her mom volunteered and I smiled my thanks.

I took the stairs two at a time and jerked her room door open,ready to see her surprised face but she wasn't there.

"Kayla!" I called out. I checked the bathroom, nothing.

Dread crept up my spine as I remembered the last time this had happened.

I tried to calm my madly pumping heart and dialed her number.

She didn't pick up too.

"Kayla!" I called out again and was about to go inform her mom and brother of her disappearance but when I turned Juan was standing there.

"Where's Kayla?" I asked, running a hand through my curls.

He pointed up to indicate 'on the roof' and I sighed with relief.

"You're sure?" I raised a  brow and he nodded.

I made to move past him when he added.

"She locked the door leading up, might take a while to convince her to open... I already tried but hey, you're her boyfriend and not the seemingly heartless brother I am." He scoffed and I sighed.

"It was all a plan bro and it was to help us out. You care about Kayla. She'll understand soon."

I patted his shoulder and was going to run up the stairs to the other floor when he pulled back on my shirt.

"Jay wait up".

I turned to look at him and he had this sultry smile on his face.

"I have another plan"

Oh boy

                         * * * * * *

Kayla's POV

The door had seized banging like minutes ago and I started when it resumed. Juan wasn't going relent in making my life miserable.

"Babe!" the sound filtered to my ears and I held my breath.

"Kayla, it's me babe"

Smiling involuntarily, I scrambled on the slippery roof and unlatched the door.

I helped him climb up and then snuggled into his warm embrace as my eyes filled up.

"I missed you" He whispered and I tightened my hold on his shirt,sniffing repeatedly.

I looked up at him, hoping he'd understand all I was trying to say to him.

"It's alright babe..its not your fault" he smiled and pressed a deep kiss to my mouth.

I shifted closer, his palms on my face.

"I see you're here" Juan's voice reverberated behind him and we broke away.

I pulled Jay behind me and gestured to Juan with a wave of hand to get lost,peeved.

"Leave now Jay" he said calmly.