FOURTEEN

Jay's POV

Knocks erupted at the door and my eyes flipped open. Kayla's face was burrowed deep in my shoulder and I knew if I tried to move, she'd wake up.

The knocks got louder and I almost hissed. She hadn't slept well and now that she was, Juan was hell bent on waking her.

I pushed her gently, almost made it when she gave a rushed moan and gripped my shirt tight.

I gathered her close and grabbed my phone,texting Juan.

"I'll have your head if she wakes up"

I got a quick text of laughing emojis back and I smiled.

"I have a plan" He texted again and I frowned.

"What?" I texted back, eager to ear it.

"Should we take Kayla to a doctor?"

I hissed on seeing the text and I replied with a 'rolling my eyes emoji'.

"that's a suggestion, not a plan"

"whatever, I thought it. Now bring my sister out here in an hour or I'll castrate you both"

I snickered and threw the phone aside. I had an hour more to sleep and it felt like the ultimate gift. I put my arms around Kayla and hugged her to myself before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

I felt a wet kiss on my cheek and I smiled.

"Good morning wify" I grinned, staring at her cute morning face.

"Did you just wake up?" I asked and she nodded,holding up a mug of coffee.

"Oh I see you just woke up"

She snickered and got off the bed.

"Juan's waiting already, isn't he?"

She nodded and I sighed.

"I'll be with him in a minute."

                          * * * * * *
Kayla's POV

We'd been waiting for almost an hour before the doctor arrived and my anxiety set in. My palms started to sweat and I felt cold at thesame time.

I hardly heard anything he was saying and after successfully getting through the first session, I was drenched and my silk blouse was plastered to my body.

"We can come back tomorrow babe... You look like you need to leave." Jay offered and Juan frowned.

Jay was as skeptical as I was. He felt I was being pressured unnecessarily.

I nodded and took his outstretched hand.

"Why don't you get through a second session today? Fast progress right?" Juan asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I think that means no" Jay chuckled and Juan pulled my hand from his.

"Listen, I think I've been sidetracked enough! Kayla is my sister and I decide what's best for her"

I frowned and made to pull away from him.

"Well she's my girlfriend and I care about her" Jay defended.

"Oh I see... You couldn't even protect her" Juan sneered and Jay almost turned red.

Hitting him on the arm, I eyed him badly and made to reach for Jay when Juan hoisted me unto his shoulder.

I protested angrily, rained blows o his back and kicked endlessly but he wouldn't budge.

Angry tears filled my eyes. I felt so heartbroken. I was being treated like a child and no one cared to listen to me any more because I couldn't speak.